Daps
Reppin
Georgia's entire public education system is a fukkin embarrassment

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
... I wonder who snitched to set all this sh1t off.

The NYT article series indicates that the teachers' union was alarmed when one school had 23% of 8th graders pass the state math test in year x and then 86% of 8th graders pass it in year x+1

The erasure marks on the scantron snitched. Admins were smart to wear gloves and to leave no fingerprints. Snatching up scantrons to change 'em == "theft by taking?"

also snitched: a pious teacher who claims to have been forewarned about the investigation by God in a dream

later snitched: many admins and teachers who confessed and wore wires
--> aq out <--

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall these parents got to take responsibility, education begins and is sustained at home school is just there to set a standard according to the state and allow kids to socialize it's time these politicians stop using these parents and tell them the hard truth.

I just presented a scholarly article on high stakes test cheating (Atlanta was included in the analysis). APS is a HOT MESS.

care to share? i like reading articles like these and would love to read one by a fellow coli member

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Overall these parents got to take responsibility, education begins and is sustained at home school is just there to set a standard according to the state and allow kids to socialize it's time these politicians stop using these parents and tell them the hard truth.

care to share? i like reading articles like these and would love to read one by a fellow coli member

I would have to wait until it is published (there is another author on the paper and I know he would be :rudy: if I gave it to anyone). I will look at my first solo draft and post some of the stuff that is not in the shared draft though.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps

The NYT article series indicates that the teachers' union was alarmed when one school had 23% of 8th graders pass the state math test in year x and then 86% of 8th graders pass it in year x+1

The erasure marks on the scantron snitched. Admins were smart to wear gloves and to leave no fingerprints. Snatching up scantrons to change 'em == "theft by taking?"

also snitched: a pious teacher who claims to have been forewarned about the investigation by God in a dream

later snitched: many admins and teachers who confessed and wore wires
--> aq out <--

Additionally, the Governor of Georgia sparked the investigation after the summer of 2008 when an insane number of 5th graders who did not pass the test in the spring passed it two months later (Deerwood Academy). The governor asked for an initial analysis of those summer test and found erasure irregularities.

When APS failed to acknowledge that the testing gains and irregular erasures were due to cheating, he secretly launched another investigation that called for an erasure analysis of Spring 2009 test scores for all of Georgia. Atlanta and Dougherty county (predominantly white from my knowledge) were implicated.

They then handed the case over to the GBI who interviewed teachers and admin from 2009-2011. I can no longer find the links to the actual reports (both are 800 or so pages long). They have them buried on the GOSA website somewhere. It has summaries of the interviews of admins and teachers.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some of the parents can barely read.

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
ALL THESE WOMEN AND THIS OLD DEAD AZZ NIKKA... NEED TO GIVE THESE NIKKAS LIFE IN PRISON, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE YOUNG BLACK KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE TRYING TO MAKE IT IN LIFE

e757ab621ebcea0b2d0f6a706700b2e7.jpg

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
They giving some of these nikkas 1 million dollars bond? They think these nikkas the mafia or some shyt? :wtf: You can try to kill a nikka and get 500k bond.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
that exact same thing happens in NYC/other places in the country, Atlanta just got caught :manny:

but how can you sleep as a administer knowing it takes a child 15-20 mins to read a fukking paragraph in the 6th grade :scusthov:

because 9 times out of 10 those teachers either

1. grew up no better off than those students and feel better knowing they can control and punish "ungrateful and unruly youth" by fukking up their futures

2. got jobs being teachers NOT because they were qualified or really wanted to but because they needed a job and got "put on" and can BARELY pass standardized tests themselves,

3. it's really just a check to them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the last two years, it has happened in New York, Texas (Sainz 2012), California, Connecticut, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Washington, DC (it happened under Rhee), and Baltimore (Resmovits 2012). APS was just the most egregious.

Now we have multiple cohorts of low income black children who can barely read or write. It will not be a pretty sight when these youth become adults.

Now? We have entire cities of black adults who can barely read or write. But they know how to Twerk and drink lean and......:snoop:

Black excellence, indeed.