3 Dead in Shooting at University of Virginia. Shooter identified as student Christopher Darnell Jones Jr. Still at large.

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five

3 Dead in Shooting at University of Virginia

merlin_175612071_189e2ab8-5459-43a4-a6d8-273ca65959f1-jumbo.jpg

A student gunman was at large after he fatally shot three people and wounded two others at the University of Virginia late Sunday night, the authorities said. University officials urged people on the campus in Charlottesville to shelter in place.

It was not immediately clear if the victims were students.

The university’s office of emergency management said it received reports of shots fired on Culbreth Road around 10:30 p.m. on Sunday. The University of Virginia Police Department identified the gunman as Christopher Darnell Jones Jr., who the university president said in an email to the campus was a student at the school.

6371db8646fa3.image.png

The university police warned that Mr. Jones was “armed and dangerous.” They said several law enforcement agencies were helping with the search for Mr. Jones, and that the Virginia State police had deployed helicopters as part of the effort.In the email to the campus sent early Monday, the university president, Jim Ryan, said that classes would be canceled on Monday.

“I am heartbroken to report that the shooting has resulted in three fatalities; two additional victims were injured and are receiving medical care,” Mr. Ryan wrote. “We are working closely with the families of the victims, and we will share additional detail as soon as we are able.”

“This is a message any leader hopes never to have to send,” he added, “and I am devastated that this violence has visited the University of Virginia.”

Mr. Jones was described by the police as wearing a burgundy jacket, bluejeans, red shoes and possibly driving a black sport-utility vehicle. They urged family and friends of those on campus to call an emergency hotline for more information about the episode.

Around 1:18 a.m., Robyn S. Hadley, the university’s dean of students, sent an email to the student body urging those on campus to “Please, please take the shelter in place commands seriously as the situation remains active.”

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I wonder what his motive was exactly. I was looking online and seeing different reports. It seems like the usual combination of a tough upbringing
combined with mental health problems.

Also found this pic of him being awarded a scholarship.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
The pussification of america continues, No one knows how to resolve conflict or just throw hands.

God Bless the Dead
I feel like at the rate it's going, martial law has a high probability of being in effect in the very near future. If there were people fuked up in the mind 100 years ago and there's 4x as many people living now, that means that an exponentially increasing amount disastrous events will be happening as time passes.

I guess unless something incredible happens and world peace becomes a thing.