2XKO (2025)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I do think F2P will become the standard with fighting games sooner rather than later, maybe outside of MK and Street Fighter.

If anything you would save money. Because they are all running on the same model except they are still forcing you to pay for the game. It would cost 100’s of dollars if you bought everything separately for street fighter 5 from launch.

No one wants to jump into these fighting games (casual fans) when you know theres gonna be 30 characters added over the next two years with entire game modes, stages, outfits, etc.

Its why I didn’t buy Guilty Gear

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game looks great so far. Can see this really making a splash when it drops. It being f2p alone ensures a massive player base.

Holy shyt Capcom, first DBFZ and now Project L, Capcom really let two other game companies dethrone them as the leaders of a fighting game genre they created :mjcry:

Fight back Capcom! :damn:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Capcom gotta be swinging at air. They used to run these fgc streets.

Project L looks sick. I just hope the gameplay lives up to the presentation.

gameplay can be just okay and itd already be better than 5 and strive. I dead ass revived the umvc scene here the new games have left me so disgusted :scust:

i hope riot game is amazing and destroys every other dev. If u bought 5 at launch ud need like 2-300 dollars to have everything by now. Such a trash genre beyond the gameplay

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
gameplay can be just okay and itd already be better than 5 and strive. I dead ass revived the umvc scene here the new games have left me so disgusted :scust:

i hope riot game is amazing and destroys every other dev. If u bought 5 at launch ud need like 2-300 dollars to have everything by now. Such a trash genre beyond the gameplay
What makes you tbink Riot won't do the same thing. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way the genre is going which is why I stopped playing them.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
What makes you tbink Riot won't do the same thing. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way the genre is going which is why I stopped playing them.

all their shyt is F2P you can reliably get all their champs without paying a penny. They make all their money off of cosmetics. Ive played league and also their card game and if you play regularly you dont have to spend any money to unlock all champs and cards.

If you want to speed up the process you can spend money but its not necessary.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
they 100% will which is why it’s f2p. But that makes more sense then paying the full game price on top of being Nickle and dimes

Yea people are going into this expecting it to be constantly updated with new characters/cosmetics/mechanics. But being that its f2p you cant be too mad cause there is no initial investment. I been playing apex for over 6 months and haven't spent a single dollar outside of additional characters. Yet my brother has spent well over 150$ just on cosmetics.

You also have to think about the expansive lore they have to take from. League has what? 10 years of lore? 120+ characters?? Yea this game can take over if done right and Riot 100% has the budget and manpower to pull it off. The netcode alone is gonna place it at the top right from launch.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its kind of like when you go to museums you pay what you can/want.

If you spend 7 days a week playing the game theres nothing wrong with paying 150 dollars for whatever. You’re spending hundreds of hours if not thousands playing the game you might as well get the most out of it.

If its just something you play off and on you don’t really need to be dumping money into it. For me I figure if I like a game thats F2P I’ll at the very least pay what I would have for the full game and get the extra stuff

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They bout to eat every other fighting game's lunch once it drops.

-League of Legends IP and Riot's marketing muscle
-Best in class character design, models, and animation
-Looks like MVC1 + SF in terms of gameplay
-Easy inputs
-Low skill floor, high skill ceiling
-The third version of GGPO netcode by the guys who invented rollback for fighting games
-Evergreen support and expansions
-F2P and crossplay
-Likely the largest playerbase in modern fighting game history
-Probably the biggest prize pots in fighting game history by a large margin

The devs of the other FGs need to just enjoy the next two years because when this drops everyone is gonna be on this as their main game. I'm confident that this will be the biggest fighting game since SF2.
Yup, this could literally be the next big usher in of fighters and FGC players since Street fighter 2.

On top of that The Cannons and other old head's working and assisting with the development of the game just bodes well.

Riot with unlimited money, Literally two of the main pillars of the FGC and the testing and back and forth from top and OG players.

If this fails then fighters are just destined to never blow up again.

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I do think F2P will become the standard with fighting games sooner rather than later, maybe outside of MK and Street Fighter.

If anything you would save money. Because they are all running on the same model except they are still forcing you to pay for the game. It would cost 100’s of dollars if you bought everything separately for street fighter 5 from launch.

No one wants to jump into these fighting games (casual fans) when you know theres gonna be 30 characters added over the next two years with entire game modes, stages, outfits, etc.

Its why I didn’t buy Guilty Gear
I made that mistake and bought MK11

Never again