“2Pac Was Not Bipolar” 2Pac’s Father Billy Garland Disappointed In Allen Hughes and His Betrayal.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
lemme guess....you be the same types of guy who say the man gotta lead and be in charge of a relationship when the argument suits you :mjlol:

then the kids come and suddenly your hands are tied and you have no power? ok
There is no 'leading" when a man and a woman are no longer together.

So your comparison between a couple and separated people does not make sense.

Try again.

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Afeni Shakur: Evolution Of A Revolutionary (p. 145) - Chapter Nine

The first in line to siphon Tupac’s money was Billy Garland, also known as “the sperm donor”—the father Tupac had never known. Tupac was twenty-three years old and was already famous when he met Billy for the first time, in 1994; he was lying critically wounded when Billy showed up at his bedside. Tupac talked to him a little bit, and during the encounter Afeni sat quietly in a corner on the carpet giving space to her bed-ridden son, at the same time letting Billy know he did not have the full floor. Oh, yes, and Billy showed up again in 1996 at the Las Vegas hospital where Tupac lay in a coma. I wonder what good it does for the dying when you’re there for them at the end of their lives, but you never showed up for them while they were living. As far as Billy Garland goes, he seemed to have popped up out of nowhere, at least from where I sat. I knew of the men who had raised Tupac, who had loved Tupac. I had heard all the stories about Tupac’s uncle Tom and his stepfather Mutulu, but I had never heard the name Billy Garland mentioned. I had heard all the “when-Tupac-was-a-baby” stories, and Billy Garland’s name had never come up. Legs was mentioned, this tough, colorful street dude who respected Afeni and loved her little boy. Took him to the barber-shop and McDonald’s and called him his son. I had heard about Legs, but not Billy Garland.

Also:

Afeni Shakur: Evolution Of A Revolutionary (p. 42) - Chapter Three

For days I try to convince Afeni that her life is a movie. “Especially the New York 21 trial,”I say. “That’s definitely a movie. The drama behind the scenes. Your incarceration. Solitary confinement. The day they revoked your bail! Your closing arguments as you eloquently defend your life.” I am excited. I pitch to Afeni as I have so many times to network execs. “You were a high school dropout, bright but unschooled. You came from the dirt roads of rural North Carolina and survived the streets of the lower Bronx. You fought through a violent, impoverished childhood only to rise to a high-ranking officer in the Black Panther Party.” I come in for the kill—why this movie is important: “This is a sixties’ story, a woman’s story, a Black story, and an American story of survival.”

Afeni ignores my comment. “With books you can decide for yourself. You decide what to see and how to see it. Besides, I’m not up to convincing a bunch of m*ther-fcukers who don’t even know me that this story is valid, interesting—or any of that sh!t. I don’t want to meet nobody or to talk to nobody. You got to argue about how to tell the story and what the theme is and if there are any white male protagonists in the story so they can call De Niro. I know all this from Pac. It’s bullsh!t. It’s too many folks involved in making a movie. Too many cooks. Too many folks I have to trust or work with or whatever.”

Afeni’s not having it. “But it’s all in the presentation. It’s all about the screenplay,” I say. “And our choice of directors is crucial. Let me help you envision this.... ~*Guy, Jasmine. Afeni Shakur: Evolution Of A Revolutionary (pp. 42-43).

Yet this docu-series came out after her demise... because people don't read.

Daps
I don’t understand how we praise Pac for being “wise beyond his years” for only living to 25, while acknowledging he was still in the process of maturing biologically/emotionally. And yet, people still hold grudges against his enemies—who have had the chance to mature, and reach middle age—for petty, juvenile gripes that happened almost 30 years ago.

I admire the hell out of Tupac, but I wish his followers would accept that he was still a (very) immature young man in need of therapy, etc.

I thought Allen Hughes did a great job on the series, for the simple fact that now that he’s gotten older, he can look back and realize their beef was bullshyt.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
And yet, people still hold grudges against his enemies—who have had the chance to mature, and reach middle age—for petty, juvenile gripes that happened almost 30 years ago.
Honestly, every other week some old middle aged cat who still complaining or whining about shyt he did nearly 30 years if anything. From what I see stans don’t really be going after anyone unless they trolling or because Clark Kent/Funk Flex dudes emotional.

Agree with him needing therapy if anything though

Daps
There is no 'leading" when a man and a woman are no longer together.

So your comparison between a couple and separated people does not make sense.

Try again.

Your logic is the only thing that doesn’t make sense. So people don’t get into subsequent relationships when they have prior children? :skip:

Daps
Not that simple, partcularly in the 1970's

It’s equally not as easy to have been in afenis shoes either but that never stops ignorant gender war babble from derailing the thread, as if she was a scorned baby mama or something :hhh:

It’s a time and a place for the bs. Keep that shyt in the locker room

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s equally not as easy to have been in afenis shoes either but that never stops ignorant gender war babble from derailing the thread, as if she was a scorned baby mama or something :hhh:

It’s a time and a place for the bs. Keep that shyt in the locker room
Pop shyt and back peddle brehs