These people are from coastal Somalia...Wilson can pass for one of them:

IMG00091-20110830-0154.jpg
:whoa:

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
And for all of you saying Russell isn't black, read this statement.

http://articles.philly.com/2014-01-31/sports/46874097_1_russell-wilson-super-bowl-xlv-doug-williams

NEW YORK - Nine years ago in Jacksonville, an African-American quarterback started for a Super Bowl team, marking only the third time that had happened in 39 Super Bowls. It was a big deal.

Doug Williams - still the only African-American QB to win the NFL championship - talked then about how he was pulling for the Eagles' Donovan McNabb, at a Super Bowl week meeting of The Field Generals, a group Williams founded to preserve the legacy of early black quarterbacks. That week, McNabb recalled being 11 years old and watching Williams win with the Redskins, McNabb realizing then that he, too, could quarterback a Super Bowl team, he said.

This Sunday, Russell Wilson, the great-great grandson of a slave, will quarterback the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII, and nobody much cares, it seems, or notices.

"It will be known, if he wins," McNabb predicted yesterday from his NBC Sports seat along radio row in the Super Bowl media center. McNabb said he spoke with Wilson about that very fact a few days ago, but McNabb agreed the matter is not as relevant to society as a whole as it was in 2005, or in 2000 when the late Steve McNair quarterbacked the Tennessee Titans to the brink of Super Bowl XXXIV victory, and certainly not as relevant as in 1988, when Williams made history.

It does matter to Wilson, the Seahawks' second-year QB said yesterday.

"I don't know if people notice it as much anymore or not. It is something that's real, though," said Wilson, who also is of Native American ancestry. "I used to hear so many stories from my grandfather - my grandfather was president of [historically black] Norfolk State for a long time, which was rare. My dad graduated from Dartmouth, went to [University of Virginia] law school, graduated as president of his class. During those times, being African-American, that was hard to do. That was rare.

"It's becoming less rare to be an African-American quarterback in the National Football League, which is changing the game in a way, which is awesome. I want to be one of the African-American quarterbacks to win. That's a real thing, that's a good thing - to let different ethnicities know that it doesn't matter what you look like, as long as you believe in yourself and put the work in, most of all, and take advantage of your opportunity."

Black excellence. I salute my nikka Russell Wilson. :salute:

Blood of a Slave heart of a King:salute:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
He is of African descent no one is denying that. But you can't look at Russell and say he isn't mixed. He doesn't even look black. He looks Samoan with straightish hair. No one would mistake that dude for an African.

wtf is this sh1t?

I got "straighter" hair than Russel and I am African, I noticed u are always at war with people identifying with "black" if they don't look 100% from say Nigeria.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
wtf is this sh1t?

I got "straighter" hair than Russel and I am African, I noticed u are always at war with people identifying with "black" if they don't look 100% from say Nigeria.
Where in Africa are you from?

BlackBieber

Banned
Daps
These people are from coastal Somalia...Wilson can pass for one of them:

IMG00091-20110830-0154.jpg
these are not real somalis theyre indians whose families had immigrated in somalia generations ago.

theres indians in kenya too. should i post a kenyan of indian heritage and says thats wut black africans look like? :snoop:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
:beli:

I used to say this kind of stuff, too......but someone corrected me one day with "what is African"

Peopel in Africa look all different types of ways from skin tone to hair texture.....being of African descent doesn't mean you look like Mutombo or Olajuwon

Didn't you get the memo bruh?....only non-blacks can look different from each other and still be classified under the same race. Blacks have to all be charcoal black, big lipped and wide nosed to be black.

Scottish and Irish people don't look like Italians but, they all considered white.
Japs and Koreans don't look like Filipinos. Definitely don't look like Indians but, they all considered asian.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
He is of African descent no one is denying that. But you can't look at Russell and say he isn't mixed. He doesn't even look black. He looks Samoan with straightish hair. No one would mistake that dude for an African.

Lol @ this dude thinking ALL Africans are blacker than oil with nappy hair. Ethiopians and Somalians etc must be European.