25th Anniversary of X-Men The Animated Series

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Nah homey. That was wolverine simping ass. Didn't even get to smell the p*ssy. How you in love with a chick that never gave you any play? No wonder Sabertooth used to come through and smash on that nikka. :hhh:

Nah, he was definitely smelling that p*ssy everyday. His smelling senses are insane, I bet he was outside jeans bathroom just taking a big whiff everytime she was fresh out the shower. That shyt was driving him crazy

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My book elitism doesn't allow for acknowledgment of this show beyond the fact that it doesn't suck anywhere near as much as the movies.

Yeah, the 1976-82 era is still the goat era for X-men (in the comics) IMO. The OG Phoenix Saga, Proteus, Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past, the Brood Saga, Wolverine in Japan, God Loves Man Kills. :wow:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Things were all good back then :wow:
Hardest intro for an animated series and tied for best theme with Power Rangers :wow:

waking up on Saturday mornings to get ready for little league with cold pizza to get started :wow:

I still haven’t watched that garbage ass dark Phoenix final movie :troll: I got 11 minutes in and turned it off. :beli:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You can thank Fox for all that.

Nerfing, killing off, and writing out 90% of the characters just so every movie could be "Wolverine and those Other Guys"

Dumbing down the Dark Phoenix Saga from the OG comics and killing Cyclops in the first 20 minutes of X3

Missing the entire point of X-men in First Class where they anticlimactically killed the breh first and had EVERY mutant who wasn't white or a dude join up with the villains in the end.
doJSduE.png

Trying to make "fetch" happen with Mystique for years just because she was played by JLaw, instead of putting respect on the REAL leaders of the X-men. (Cyclops and Storm)
98qUkFR.png
d05jg1l.png

20 years worth of movies and we never saw Wolverine in the classic costume from the comics.

Hiring the same dude that co-wrote X-men 3 to take ANOTHER shot at a Dark Phoenix movie
xku40QU.png

They had NO respect for the source material at all. (IIRC, the actual comics were banned on the set of the first X-men movie.)
The 90s animated series >>>>>>>>> the films.
The cartoon wasn't perfect but it still left us with a lot of dope memories because it put more respect on the OG comics.
:dead:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Miss out on epic storylines because drawings were bad during the era of everyone having 480p TVs brehs :mjlol:

I was used to Jim Lee comic books and the pryde of the X-Men cartoon that came out in 89..

:yeshrug: I had standards

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, the 1976-82 era is still the goat era for X-men (in the comics) IMO. The OG Phoenix Saga, Proteus, Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past, the Brood Saga, Wolverine in Japan, God Loves Man Kills. :wow:

:lawd:

1. The only thing worse for X-Men than having the license sold to Fox would have been for them to have wound up at Sony.
2. Batman TAS through JLU is still the standard for animated work in my opinion, but X-Men done right would outshine even those.