25-Yr Old Woman (Jasmine Twitty) Becomes Youngest Appointed Judge in S.C. History

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
How is this possible? Don't you have to be in law school for many years and have a substantial amount of work experience (i.e.: lawyer) before becoming a judge? I wouldn't want someone with limited life experience presiding over my court case.

maybe she was on some doogie howser and passed the bar at age 16 and what not.

Mrl HiGrnd

All Star
Daps
Beautiful :blessed:

Don't sleep, black women are taking over.
Sistahs are putting in work on their degrees and continuing to make more money and get better positions.
Used to worry about having a daughter but it looks like the amount of female role models in the black community is just gonna continue to rise:whew:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't know how she got appointed at a young age. Had to look it up.

Judicial selection in South Carolina - Ballotpedia
Qualifications
Requirements between the appellate and general jurisdiction courts are identical. To serve on either the supreme, appeals or circuit court, a judge must be:
  • a U.S. citizen;
  • between the ages of 32 and 72;
  • a resident of the state for at least five years; and
  • licensed as an attorney for at least eight years.[1]
A judge who reaches the age of 72 in office must retire by the end of that calendar year.[4]

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/judicia...alificationsFamilyCourtEvaluativeCriteria.pdf

I don't know what kind of court she presides over though. How much experience in life does she have at 25? How did she get in and not be 32?

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
You Know What's Hilarious About This Thread??? :laugh:

When I Created the Title, I Purposely Made Sure Not To Put "African American" or "Black" in the title, just to see what would happen to this thread. Take race of it for a minute, and it's the story of a young woman making amazing record breaking strides in her state and profession........................but somehow, maybe the title in the link is the reasoning :jbhmm:, but really it's just as much a black inspiring motivation story as it is a young person inspiring motivation story.........I'm just :dwillhuh:....

If I took this same young woman and the link title said "Black Woman Goes on Weave Store Robbery Spree in Tennessee" how much you want to bet it would stay in TLR.

:laff: What's Going on With These Mods?????? :dame:

FemiO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is this possible? Don't you have to be in law school for many years and have a substantial amount of work experience (i.e.: lawyer) before becoming a judge? I wouldn't want someone with limited life experience presiding over my court case.
as if being old makes these cacs any wiser

the worst judges i've been in front of were the oldest ones