23andme hacked and they made a list of people with Ashkenazi ancestry

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I mean I don’t trust anyone with anything but Apple is probably one of the more trustworthy companies around when it comes to this. Literally spending 10s of millions of dollars to stonewall the government’s attempts to circumvent privacy protections when they couldve silently complied and nobody wouldve ever known.

It may not be apple it’s a smart phone in general. You’re data is out there. No way around it

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I mean I don’t trust anyone with anything but Apple is probably one of the more trustworthy companies around when it comes to this. Literally spending 10s of millions of dollars to stonewall the government’s attempts to circumvent privacy protections when they couldve silently complied and nobody wouldve ever known.

:dahell:

They're stonewalling governments who don't want to pay for the data. That doesn't make them noble, it makes them amoral capitalists. They're selling that same data selectively to any number of entities.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It may not be apple it’s a smart phone in general. You’re data is out there. No way around it
Its not that simple. I have a pretty good idea of what info of mine is available on the dark web.

:dahell:

They're stonewalling governments who don't want to pay for the data. That doesn't make them noble, it makes them amoral capitalists. They're selling that same data selectively to any number of entities.
They sell anonymized data. Its not even comparable to what the government was trying to get.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Its not that simple. I have a pretty good idea of what info of mine is available on the dark web.

They sell anonymized data. Its not even comparable to what the government was trying to get.

You say this like you can call up the head of the dark web and control it. Your data is out there . Period. Unless you don’t have a smart phone, no apps, have never signed up for anything, etc. No way around it.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps

If you believe that corporations buying data cannot afford to cross reference and match "anonymized" data from different sources - apple, FB, twitter, Google, whoever - as well as governments can, you are either a fool or a liar. Worse, you're attempting to implicitly legitimize the sale of something that shouldn't be a product in the first place because oooo-big-bad-government-scary.

Cut it out.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Send them pepperoni pizza :skip:
probably. the majority of 'hackers' are pathetic

that being said, i wouldnt sleep on this. theres all sorts of implications in just wanting that data in the first place

but hey maybe someone will get @Sccit up out of here :yeshrug:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
probably. the majority of 'hackers' are pathetic

that being said, i wouldnt sleep on this. theres all sorts of implications in just wanting that data in the first place

but hey maybe someone will get @Sccit up out of here :yeshrug:

IM NOT ASHKENAZI BUT WHATEVER HELPS U FEEL BETTER BOUT LIVIN IN A BASEMENT