23andme hacked and they made a list of people with Ashkenazi ancestry

drifter

Superstar
Daps
In an emailed statement, a 23andMe spokesperson said the company believes it wasn’t hacked per se. Instead, it believes that the hackers simply gained some users’ passwords that had been hacked and leaked from other sites, then exploited the fact that 23andMe can give users vast access to each others’ genetic information.

A database that has been shared on dark web forums and viewed by NBC News has a list of 999,999 people

All 999,999 got hacked from other sites huh :skip:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
maybe you have something they could use ...

don't put yourself down breddah :hubie:
like what?

the only way I see them using my DNA , is to find someone in my family that might have done a crime and if that's the case....lock them up ( if they guilty )

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Wait until people with neuralink get hacked, normal people will turn into video game type characters. Aint no telling what the hackers will make them do :lupe:
If they take over someone's body to make them just be an npc "Ice cream so good, ice cream so good" I think I'd die of laughter :dead:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Many nefarious deeds could be done.

Presumably they have their name/addresses…so sending folks to their homes to kill them.

Longer term: Developing viruses that specifically target them.

This is a shame on 23AndMe. One’s DNA is the ultimate form of private information and any sort of data breech in this field is simply inexcusable and unacceptable.
I mean , if someone is looking for your name/address to send people to kill you...you have bigger problems to worry about than your DNA being leaked.
Same thing for them developing weapons to target your DNA.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They know not to show up.
You’ll never see em they’ll just disable your Ring camera :mjgrin: or turn the lights off in your crib by hacking your Google nest. Or they’ll just catch you on the street after they disable your electric car…which they tracked by your EZ pass…and of course your car and phone is a literal tracking beacon

Point being we are all too far down the rabbit hole to ‘fight’ now. Why? Bc we didn’t even know we were in a rabbit hole. They got a 30 year head start on us at all times. So it’s always funny to see nggas think they off the grid

Fight and you’ll never survive, run and you’l never escape :umad:

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
like what?

the only way I see them using my DNA , is to find someone in my family that might have done a crime and if that's the case....lock them up ( if they guilty )

people like you are the reason we are sleepwalking into something horrible :picard:

use your imagination :ufdup:

examples:

1. hem you up for a crime

2. use as future biometrics / security / id

3. use in pathogen testing and targeting

4. use in predicting health incomes and following on from that health insurance, job suitability

5. used in crime profiling and civil freedoms

6. experimentation including cloning

-

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How scared should I be right now brehs :lupe:

death-note-kira.gif

gc_dn_bookheader.gif

giphy.gif

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They know not to show up.
You’ll never see em they’ll just disable your Ring camera :mjgrin: or turn the lights off in your crib by hacking your Google nest. Or they’ll just catch you on the street after they disable your electric car

Point being we are all too far down the rabbit hole to ‘fight’ now. Why! Bc we didn’t even know we were in thr rabbit hole. They got a 30 year head start on us at all times. So it’s always funny to see nggas think they off the grid

Fight and you’ll never survive, run and y’all never escape :umad:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I really don't know what the goal was here..... if it was to find Jews, ad/cell phone databases are far more accurate and purchasable tools to locate people of a certain faith/ethnicity. Plus many ppl with Ashkenazi ancestry are latino. Good luck trying trying to sort that mutt DNA out.

Daps

Are you still trusting these people with your information? :lupe:
I keep telling people. Don't give these fukking private corporations your fukking DNA. It's crazy to me people just willingly do this shyt, just like allowing AI to just use their likeness on social media.

Don't give them shyt like that unless you're being monetarily compensated for doing so.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*Sent from IPhone* :heh:
I mean I don’t trust anyone with anything but Apple is probably one of the more trustworthy companies around when it comes to this. Literally spending 10s of millions of dollars to stonewall the government’s attempts to circumvent privacy protections when they couldve silently complied and nobody wouldve ever known.