23 million Californians to get up to $1,050 in "inflation relief" checks

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Is it illegal to use funds to influence the outcome of an election was the question.

It's illegal to bribe election officials or voting machine companies etc. Its illegal to explicitly give someone 10 dollars to vote for them. Its not illegal to campaign. "Using funds to influence an election" is campaigning. You're reaching for something that isnt there

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
It's illegal to bribe election officials or voting machine companies etc. Its illegal to explicitly give someone 10 dollars to vote for them. Its not illegal to campaign. "Using funds to influence an election" is campaigning. You're reaching for something that isnt there
Okay...

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I hope these aren't rhetorical. Yes, they were, and this should be a wake up call to how far gone these politicians are getting to stay in office, especially if there's a correlation between these stimulus checks and them winning.

Now that I've answered your question, answer mine: is it illegal to use money to influence an election?

Is it illegal to promise reparations if you're elected?

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This are what actually pro life policies are, giving social benefits , helping the poor and low income, expanding social safety nets, all things republicans oppose, they are fine for the child to be born but wont adequately clothe or feed the child, rather call the parents lazy and insult folks for using welfare

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
By late October :mjlol: goodluck to those that need help now :wow:

Arrives just in time for holidays :troll:
Surely itll be used for gas purchase :troll:

On a more serious note, im not the smartest person in the world, so someone will have to explain to me (wasnt mentioned in the article), if the state already has the money (the surplus money), and the funds are mostly being distributed via direct deposit/electronic funding, why would the state need to wait to October?
Red tape

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
We're good

No more babies being killed :troll:
You fukkers kill babies all the time. You’re a buncha redneck swine with no medical infrastructure and you let poor people, including children, starve in the streets.

db169_fig5.png

You hypocritical fukkers make me sick.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Is it illegal to use funds to influence the outcome of an election was the question.

You're acting as if these relief checks are contingent on people actually voting.

If you have a problem with what Gavin is doing then you would have to have a problem with the COVID relief checks that were passed around in 2020 since that was also an election year.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Is it illegal to promise reparations if you're elected?
I like this question, and this will be the last time I come to this thread.
Q: Is it illegal to promise reparations if you're elected?
A: No.

Q: Is it wrong to promise reparations if you're elected and don't deliver?
A: Yes.

Q: Is it illegal to use expenditures to influence the outcome of an election?
I've yet to get a straight answer on this one.

"18 U.S. Code § 597"

"Inflation relief" right before his gubernatorial?
"Stimulus" right before his recall?

:francis:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
You're acting as if these relief checks are contingent on people actually voting.

If you have a problem with what Gavin is doing then you would have to have a problem with the COVID relief checks that were passed around in 2020 since that was also an election year.

Correct

Its not like Newsom is saying only people who vote for him will get a check lol