23 million Californians to get up to $1,050 in "inflation relief" checks

malleymal

All Star
Daps
Gavin knows what he is doing…. I just saw that he released an Ad talking shyt about Desantis in Florida. He is bringing the fight to those people, instead of letting Republicans control the narrative. I’m with it.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
He pulled the same stunt before his recall, this is clearly going to influence people to vote for him for the upcoming gubernatorial election. Isn't this sort of thing illegal?

Was it illegal when Trump did it?

Was it illegal when Yang campaigned on a UBI?

Was it illegal when Warren campaigned on loan forgiveness?

Was it illegal when Warnock and Ossoff ran on delivering the next stimulus?

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Was it illegal when Trump did it?

Was it illegal when Yang campaigned on a UBI?

Was it illegal when Warren campaigned on loan forgiveness?

Was it illegal when Warnock and Ossoff ran on delivering the next stimulus?
I hope these aren't rhetorical. Yes, they were, and this should be a wake up call to how far gone these politicians are getting to stay in office, especially if there's a correlation between these stimulus checks and them winning.

Now that I've answered your question, answer mine: is it illegal to use money to influence an election?

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Politicians don't care about what's legal.
And this is the problem. He had an injunction overturned regarding the pandemic and voting procedure.

Looking for your preferred side to win by any means then complain about how bad things are getting don't make sense. All politicians should be held accountable if they're public servants, seems we enjoy the tail wagging the dog these days.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
He pulled the same stunt before his recall, this is clearly going to influence people to vote for him for the upcoming gubernatorial election. Isn't this sort of thing illegal?
And?

Have fun telling people who are poor that they shouldn't accept the money--THEIR money being given to them. Something similar happened in Canada a year ago with covid relief money. In one of their provinces, the party that was in charge just straight up gave people money for relief and then triggered an election which they won.

People are tired of one way transactions. You're paying taxes and yet the public transportation isn't getting better, roads still suck, schools have outdated materials and massive class sizes, public housing isn't plentiful. What the fukk was the point of paying all that tax then? At the very least some money in your pocket can justify what is increasingly an obvious hoarding of wealth by 'public servants'

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
And?

Have fun telling people who are poor that they shouldn't accept the money--THEIR money being given to them. Something similar happened in Canada a year ago with covid relief money. In one of their provinces, the party that was in charge just straight up gave people money for relief and then triggered an election which they won.

People are tired of one way transactions. You're paying taxes and yet the public transportation isn't getting better, roads still suck, schools have outdated materials and massive class sizes, public housing isn't plentiful. What the fukk was the point of paying all that tax then? At the very least some money in your pocket can justify what is increasingly an obvious hoarding of wealth by 'public servants'
All I want to know is if it's illegal if it's having a direct result on him winning. Is it? Is he breaking the law doing this, especially if he's done it before an election and won? Is there a correlation, can one be proved? What precedent does this set for later if we let politicians do this at all? Just because you're getting a check it's okay to look the other way? Where are we going here? Because you can't complain about any politician being shady if a stimulus check weeks before an election is going to temporarily change your mind.

What the fukk was the point of electing someone into office who wasn't going to use those taxes to make public transportation, roads and schools better? I'm not saying don't vote, but what was the point of choosing between the lesser of two evils just to get fukked in the end? A check before their possible reelection? You don't have to get self-righteous with me, just say you don't care about what's right or wrong about the situation and want some rain for this drought.

Now, lemme ask you this: is there a contingent of Californians coming together to use those checks to do what the elected officials should have done? Just let me know it's for the love of money and stop frontin' like you're a part of a committee that's going to use the checks to solve the problems you referenced. Tell me who you are in this gif:

774I.gif

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I hope these aren't rhetorical. Yes, they were, and this should be a wake up call to how far gone these politicians are getting to stay in office, especially if there's a correlation between these stimulus checks and them winning.

Now that I've answered your question, answer mine: is it illegal to use money to influence an election?

Lol

Any campaign tangible is illegal then. Got it

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Lol

Any campaign tangible is illegal then. Got it
You see, you didn't answer my question after I answered yours. It's one thing to give tangibles after an election, it's another to give tangibles before an election that may have a substantial impact on your chances of being reelected, especially if you've done it before under similar circumstances and won. Now, you're establishing a pattern that can be used against you. It's not like an injunction wasn't ruled against him once before that was overturned, but what about now? Just tell me you could care less about fairness and integrity and want a check.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
You see, you didn't answer my question after I answered yours. It's one thing to give tangibles after an election, it's another to give tangibles before an election that may have a substantial impact on your chances of being reelected, especially if you've done it before under similar circumstances and won. Now, you're establishing a pattern that can be used against you. It's not like an injunction wasn't ruled against him once before that was overturned, but what about now? Just tell me you could care less about fairness and integrity and want a check.

It was an idiotic question. It's not illegal to campaign on a policy or program that would benefit constituents. :comeon:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
It was an idiotic question. It's not illegal to campaign on a policy or program that would benefit constituents. :comeon:
Is it illegal to use funds to influence the outcome of an election was the question.