iu

iu

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
I got my PS2 for Christmas 2001

Me too, played NBA 2K, NBA Street, MGS2, Virtua Fighter and too much other piff that first year owning it :wow:

Other than my AV port being loose cause moms stepped on the cord way back when I got it, mines held up just fine over the decade, held me down until I copped
a PS3 slim:ehh:
Had mine 'til 2009 when one of my homies disappeared it from my crib, still don't know who it was to this day. Its the only console I don't have from growing up :francis:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Well, as I've told many times I was working at funcoland (which was later bought by GameStop) when this launched and till this day I never seen anything like it.

Imagine black Friday hysteria for months.

And, this is why I'm anti Sony. Because Sony knew of disc read error and told us they not gonna do shyt about it. My launch console only played CD and not DVD so Tekken tag wasn't played after work that day, at a friend's house 10 deep, all of us ready to get it in and that shyt happened.

Now the idea of a warranty for a console was unheard of. We didn't buy warranties for the NES, SNES, Genesis/etc. Sony introduced disc based gaming and that's why nikkaz had PS1's upside down just too work after a while.

The PS2 had disc read error and that was so widespread that our store was filled with broken systems stacked to the ceiling. Sony almost got away with it but was sued and lost class action lawsuits worldwide over it.

I BAN BET ANYBODY HERE THAT CAN PROVE ME WRONG
@GoldenGlove you have my permission to nuke my account if anyone can prove otherwise :win:

So that's why they sold 150 million ps2s because DRE disc read error forced everyone to buy at least 2 systems if not 3. And Sony stans didn't know what was going on or why kinda like the Vax :manny: Anyways, y'all gave Sony a pass then talked shyt the next gen when Xbox finally had an issue. You only remember the red ring of death, you don't remember how Microsoft fixed every system for free for the first 4 years of the Xbox 360s existence regardless of problem. Didn't lose class action lawsuits worldwide, didn't deny there was ever a problem like Sony or their stans :damn:

And they called us battered housewives then, and gamepass is bad now. Let's celebrate Sony getting away with murder brehs :gucci:

The origin story of Court :ohhh:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got mine late, my mama couldn't afford it. I got my PS2 in a package deal when GTA San Andreas dropped. Epic moments driving around with CJ:wow:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps

MGS2 , Marvel vs Capcom 2 and GTA: Vice City were my first 3 games. I was a little late to the party since I initially asked for a GameCube instead of a PS2 :martin:. I can still remember being completely blown away by the tanker level.
Dare I say; the GOAT console :wow:

iu

Someone please explain why EA abandoned this franchise. Goddamn. Even if you're not into sports games this shyt was dope on so many levels.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Does anyone know that game where it’s a bicycle race game where it had coop and you can throw bottle waters at people?:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: I had so much fun with that game:mjlol: I think it was a demo when I last remembered :jbhmm:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
MGS2 , Marvel vs Capcom 2 and GTA: Vice City were my first 3 games. I was a little late to the party since I initially asked for a GameCube instead of a PS2 :martin:. I can still remember being completely blown away by the tanker level.

Someone please explain why EA abandoned this franchise. Goddamn. Even if you're not into sports games this shyt was dope on so many levels.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Ps2 was dope where you could play DVD and music ... at the time it made your house a full on entertainment center
I think that's when I finally got surround sound going with huge ass speakers so my experience was incredible