21 Savage - American Dream (Discussion Thread)

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Johnny Juliano got a major feature wit Cardo on “Should’ve wore a bonnet” :gladbron: no wonder it had a old wiz vibe on the tempo

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
it does. the production on the album is crazy. nikka killing nikkas over soulful beats :wow:

crazy he put a better album out than drake...
It’s not crazy. Expectations are way lower for 21 because he sounds the same on every song lol

Anyways.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
giphy.gif

IM THE MAN I BRING A MILI IN CASH AROUND THEM ROBBERZ N SHOOTAZ
WASNT A DOLLA MISSIN ASK N NIKA IN THE TRENCHES THATS ON BUDDAH
OPPS BE SAYING THE POLICE ROUND WHEN I B OUTISDE
THEY LYIN JUST SLYDIN THEM BABY THREATS GON MAKE EM CHANGE THEIR MIND

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I feel like half this album is a really good 21 Savage album and half is him getting handed some tracks that were probably shopped to Jack Harlow and other generic rappers. The second half is really weak. I don't think those tracks are "bad" I just don't think they fit 21. Just Like Me sounds like something Drake or Future would have knocked out the park, and so does the bonnet song. And that Red Sky track gave me flashbacks of the type of wack shyt Atlantic used to force rappers to do.

This shyt definitely sounds great sonically though. Bangs in the whip and I'd imagine fans are gonna fukk with most of it. But man, just about everything after Dangerous is weak and doesn't fit him as an artist/rapper.