21 Savage - American Dream (Discussion Thread)

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
This is a garbage fellas, let’s call a spade a spade!

If we shyt on light bright drake for not growin up with his music let’s judge his running mate with the same mallet! “21 21 21, opps ran, he died etc” 🥱

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
A theme that Donald likes to explore is creating surrealism out of the banal, apathetic and cynical aspects of life. Another theme of Glovers work and attitude is reframing the experiences and art of Black Americans as something to be celebrated and romantic about instead of hyper focusing on the bad. Glover has said that Migos were "The Beatles of this generation" and that Tay-k was akin to Wild West outlaw Jesse James and I dont think he was joking or being hyperbolic, he sincerely believes that.

I see this American Dream project as inspired by these themes. It will have some autobiographical influence but mostly be a tongue in cheek satire of bio pics focusing on the complex journey of 21 but ironically with the understanding that 21 has no explicit substance to him or his art.
Oh so he's a dumbass dude

Basically Akademiks but more poetic

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Definitely feels like he was playing the hits with this. It's okay but I know it could've been better.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Usually I giggle at this fat hep c having fukk, but he ain't lying this album just different. 21 always been with the spittage beyond the hypocrisy. The only dude that calls to end the violence, but will hop in the booth calling his Choppa his twin :wow:

21 has been killing his features so I was looking forward to this, I get where he was going for this lol but I wanted something more hard hitting

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
nah i need someone to explain to me how this album has substance... there's less substance on here than his debut. nikkas be lying man... or they're easily impressed by that intro/outro. this shyt MID. i added the doja joint and one of the hoe anthems for the whip and that's it. he tripped and fell on this one. his trajectory after i am > i was was crazy. now he rapping weaker than the drake collab. and then that milk toast ass ending talking about put the guns down... shyt stupid af.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
HEAD SO GOOD SHE COULD EAT ICECREAM THRU A STRAW :russ:

1620146683_423102_gif-url.gif

MMMMMHHHMMMMMM :wow: