21 Savage - American Dream (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Fuk no, Metro nice af but he doesn’t have much range. London is a better producer than him

Disagree, all three of them actually have INCREDIBLE range as producers. Metro excels at more epic/cinematic type beats. Hit Boy excels at catering his sound to the artist’s wants/needs and is a master at updating traditional aspects of hip hop production into a modern soundscape which was the secret sauce that made his partnership with Nas so fruitful. London excels at providing artists the kind of production that sounds lush and vibrant across a full project. He’s probably the best at working with R&B artists too

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
if you pick 5 songs out of his catalog you really like you dont have to check for anymore of his music because it all sounds somewhat the same

how-to-clean-your-ears-hh19.png

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
gangsta but I still cry when nobody around
tryin numb the pain drinking bottles till I drown
never do no suicide
but I'd be lying if I said it never crossed my mind
I hurt on the inside but act like im fine

giphy.gif

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He can be an enjoyable listen but that nikka is objectively a terrible rapper :mjlol:

bros posting them fischer price ass bars like they deep lol
Yeah. I think just my generation everybody was so different and they were more lyrical and tried different things now people just have a lane and stick to it so I just have to accept the times are different.

His verses are good he’s funny he’s entertaining. He switches up his flow sometimes but I mean I can’t hate on this project.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
It sounds good though 😅

21 sounds the same every time but it’s entertaining music 😭
it does. the production on the album is crazy. nikka killing nikkas over soulful beats :wow:

crazy he put a better album out than drake...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Disagree, all three of them actually have INCREDIBLE range as producers. Metro excels at more epic/cinematic type beats. Hit Boy excels at catering his sound to the artist’s wants/needs and is a master at updating traditional aspects of hip hop production into a modern soundscape which was the secret sauce that made his partnership with Nas so fruitful. London excels at providing artists the kind of production that sounds lush and vibrant across a full project. He’s probably the best at working with R&B artists too

giphy.gif

repped for high quality posting.