'209 vs. Ireland' - UFC 202 Thread (Diaz/McGregor II, Glover/Rumble, Cerrone/Story)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
CLASSIC, I HAD NATE, BUT SEE HOW IT COULDA GONE EITHER WAY DUE TO THE KNOCKDOWNS

I went and re-watched the fight this morning. I can't give Nate R2. He did nothing but get beat up the first 3 minutes of the round, even though he came on like wildfire in the end of the round.

At best for Nate it's a 10-10 round.

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
I went and re-watched the fight this morning. I can't give Nate R2. He did nothing but get beat up the first 3 minutes of the round, even though he came on like wildfire in the end of the round.

Nate is a bytch
His only hope is mgregor runs out of stamina
What happened in the first fight?

sham yawngawd

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LOS ANGELES

exactly, nate got knocked down twice in that round. he finished strong towards the end but majority of the round conor dominated with leg kicks and the two knocked downs.

reason why i had conor winning 3-2 takin rounds 1,2 and 4. great fight.. far from rigged.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just rewatched the fight and you have to give round 2 to Conor

He had 2 KO's and Nate didnt start getting going until like 1:30-2 mins left in the round. It was a great flurry, but he ate kicks and counters for the first 3 mins of that round and went on his ass twice

Great fight, what a fukking battle

semtex

:)
Daps
This., You have Eddy from Tekken is a Jamaican but he was the bad ass fighter though. Everybody was f*cked with him

180px-Eddy_Gordo_-_Full-body_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_6.png

170px-Tiger_jackson.jpg
Eddy Gordo is Brazilian

Eddy Gordo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: Must suck for Conor fans that they have to get into arguments to defend/justify this weak win. While last time your boy got mopped the fukk up and choked out within 2 rounds.

Man, I got so much respect for the Diaz bros. Two of the realest in the game. They will go toe to toe and throw hands with anybody in the game. You will never see them retreating like a bytch when they take a few big shots, they will slug it out every time. That's what fighting really is. Not no bytch ass leg kicks or that p*ssy ass Irish backpedal. Conor got the decision (narrowly) because the UFC doesn't wanna kill off one of it's stars and they want that third fight. We all know who proved to be the tougher fighter though. I honestly think Conor would want absolutely NO part of Nate if they saw each other in the streets. You can't say that about the Diaz bros regarding anyone.
You realize it's more to fighting than just a ko or submission. It's strategy involved too you just don't say I'm gonna fight the fight that best helps my opponent to prove a point

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Conor is simply a better boxer, he basically won the shyt with his hands more or less. Nate had a slow start, I didn't think dude was going to come back the way he did, unfortunately for him he couldn't repeat what he did in their first match, that is bring Conor to the ground. When he finally did that, it was too late.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
conor fought a smart fight. he used a lot of leg kicks and jabs/counters to pace himself instead of going for the KO which is where he messed up the first fight. it was a really close fight and could've gone either way imo. if nate can just improve his wrestling/take down then he would be a really good fighter. seems like he hasn't evolved as a fighter.

conor at 145 and 155 is scary. dude's power is off the charts.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Conor is simply a better boxer, he basically won the shyt with his hands more or less. Nate had a slow start, I didn't think dude was going to come back the way he did, unfortunately for him he couldn't repeat what he did in their first match, that is bring Conor to the ground. When he finally did that, it was too late.

Nah... Conor got a lot of those in cause Nate was wary of legkicks.

Saying he's a better boxer is inaccurate