'209 vs. Ireland' - UFC 202 Thread (Diaz/McGregor II, Glover/Rumble, Cerrone/Story)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Rumble jones is the fight ive been wanting to see. Idk if rumble beats dc, ofcourse he has that one punch ko power but dc got an underrated chin and already knows what he has to do to beat him. Im waiting to see what happens with jones. Or if they do do rumble dc 2, this is the perfect time to do jones gus 2 if gus wins his next fight

I think both will look sharper at 155. But i think conor struggles to ko nate in any weight. Only once has he been stopped by strikes and that was a prrfectly place head kick by josh thompson. i had this fight a draw with the second being a 9-9. He did have the knockdowns but they were like flash kds none fazed nate by the least and it was conor who was in most trouble that round from what i remember. Most defenite rounds were by nate. Round one was for conor no doibt but you never sensed nate was in trouble like you did for conor.

EDIT: nate speakin that real regarding CBD and physical rehabilitation. These fighters should be able to use cannabis for healing purposes. Say what you want about nate, but dude strives to make change for the better in the UFC. Regarding self worth when it comes to compensation and physical rehab. Dude is speakin up when no one else is. Nick been doin it an conor too

Last edited:

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
He said a lot of opportunities on the horizon and not necessarily in this sport:jbhmm:

Did the Vince McMahon walk in the cage :jbhmm:

Says he'll smack up the whole WWE roster :jbhmm:

He bout to bless us with some WWE fukkery? :whoo:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
some of these fukking knockdowns that the are giving conor points on were obvious calls into the danger by nate imo/slips. the weren't power knock downs at all. if conor gets points for those then the takedown at the end of round five and the last 30 seconds are worthy of way more.

This is my thought on the knockdowns, and why I gave Nate the second round even on a rewatch (it's a pretty even round overall). Conor got the knockdowns, but he didn't advance into any type of advantageous position after the knockdown (in fact, Nate's stagger did more for that purpose than Conor's two knockdowns). If we're going to criticize wrestlers for LNP strategies, why should knockdowns be treated differently? It's not boxing, there is a ground element to the game.

Not a fan of Diaz giving excuses for the loss, though. If you think you won, just say so. Don't try to justify the loss.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they don't count knock downs in mma that 2nd round looking mighty suspect...
part of me wants to call rig. but i seen cacs everywhere saying they had it for conor even before they read the judges results. i think they were just seeing what they wanted to see. :francis:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
conor at 145 and 155 is scary. dude's power is off the charts.

It is but I'm still not sold on his gas tank. For some one who spent 300K on a training camp, his cardio still didn't look good. He a dangerous motherfukka for 2 round. I'd be shocked if he went back to 145. I don't believe he can make that weight anymore. 155 vs khabib, dos anjos, cowboy(I would love to see how Connor would attack cowboy seeing that huge height and reach disadvantage), shyt will get real interesting. Power alone I can't see him walking through guys like he did at 145.

This is sparta

Larkin a free agent :jbhmm: coker gotta be watching. Larkin getting better, keep forgetting he has a W over Robbie.