Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's because the community outreach are the rappers and joy reid and gayle king types.
And it's very, very cynical when they do it.

I'm routinely shocked that people aren't offended and outraged whenever this is what's done.

There are thousands maybe even tens of thousands of Black Americans across the country engaging in
grass roots work like this but instead, we see the politicians interacting with black celebrities.

It's just...so bad... man.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
And it's very, very cynical when they do it.

I'm routinely shocked that people aren't offended and outraged whenever this is what's done.

There are thousands maybe even tens of thousands of Black Americans across the country engaging in
grass roots work like this but instead, we see the politicians interacting with black celebrities.

It's just...so bad... man.
Who is there to get offended? Dems dont really care what black men think of them, as we are not a large voting bloc. Black women don't seem to mind that gayle king and joy reid types act as intermediaries, so why would dems stop doing it?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
The reason Trump is targeting black voters so hard is because their overall campaign directive is to target what they consider to be low information voters. While every race has them, they think its a big enough proportion among black people to help them win the election.

Low information voters are gullible people that don't pay attention to the news, dont pay attention to the Presidency, dont even know the President's accomplishments and failures, barely or dont know the branches of government, dont know much about politics and act solely on feelings and/or misinformation.

Gas $4.00 a gallon? I'm voting for Trump.
The Republican strategy is to discourage black voters from voting, they dont even want us voting fr. basically a repeat of the low voter turn out in 2016. It's why they're going all in with platforming the tap dancers you're seeing now. It's also why they are mostly targetting black men bc they know that there's a sizable amount of us who are frustrated with dems.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sad state of affairs. I partially blame new blacks in these think tanks (Urban League for example) and their terrible realpolitik. They spent the last decade advocating for immigration and intersectionality instead of real world problems like access to capital, upskilling etc.
We have some Black centric organizations where I live which is good. There's a space for Intersectionalism efforts but I think Blacks are conditioned to do that and think good will and reciprocity will come our way. Sometimes we have to fight for what we need instead of waiting.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ruth Bader Ginsburg started this mess when she basically didn’t like a black man telling her what to do.

These folks even when given the playbook don’t want to play ball. What are we supposed to do?
I've expressed my gripes about Democrats and it's been met with indifference or anger towards me because I'm not getting in line. I generally vote Democratic but it's a sad state of affairs when they need our votes at over 90% consistently and we don't get anything in return. You'd think loyalty would help us but we're left with neglect.

We're aware of the racism and bigotry of the right but some of us are angered by a base we've been loyal to since the 60s doing the same, if not worse to us.

Also hard to care about fringe issues when you don't have clean water, high mortality rates, and low economic power.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
you've got no idea what's going on brother
I'm from Miami, Cuban "refugees" helped keep the city purple/neolib and the state red for a long ass time

Black immigrants, legal or otherwise, attempt to learn English, the ones who can usually vote Democrat even if they're not liberal at all

hispanic ones, a lot of them refuse to assimilate, especially the raft fakkits from Cuba

I'd rather there not be reasons for ppl to leave their countries to move here in the first place

I don't want non-Blacks who vote for the GOP coming here

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm from Miami, Cuban "refugees" helped keep the city purple/neolib and the state red for a long ass time

Black immigrants, legal or otherwise, attempt to learn English, the ones who can usually vote Democrat even if they're not liberal at all

hispanic ones, a lot of them refuse to assimilate, especially the raft fakkits from Cuba

I'd rather there not be reasons for ppl to leave their countries to move here in the first place

I don't want non-Blacks who vote for the GOP coming here
I'm curious how the Jewish population in Florida votes. There's a lot of them.

I don't like how democrats always try to go after Hispanics with the immigration issue. The Hispanic diaspora is diverse and there's rampant colorism and racism. A Mexican from California isn't the same as a Cuban from Miami.

shyt is frustrating because it's hard to discern. In Texas you have a third that are more progressive and Intersectional. But the majority assimilate to whiteness to a disgusting degree. He'll I've even seen a Mexican here ask their friend if a woman thought she was a wetback because she approached her speaking Spanish instead of English to her. Immigration isn't our issue

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Told y'all, family.

Let me put you on game… Black men are 81% of the dem voting block… What puts Dems over the top is black women and white suburban women and that 81% of black men… the other 10% is Republican both sided c00ns and the 9% remaining or independents

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Ngl I might sit this one out too.
I'll most likely will be in the states but I'm registered in the different state that I live I could request an overseas ballot now but i'd probably have to fly to Bogota so the chances of me voting are nil.

I'm essentially checked out.

That being said they wrote is same piece about LA and the Black lady eked out a victory #dontvote will never be as powerful or have the numbers of #auntievote

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Of the 33 million black eligible voters in 2020, around 60% actually voted. That's around 8% or 20 mil of the American voters. 8% concentrated majority Dem cities/ regions or heavily redistricted municipalities. Now that the latter is effectively legal, we have even less voting power than ever before.

We don't have the power to flip Red states so the Dem ignore there

Rethugs can't flip Blue states without voting liberal cacs so the Right ignores us there

We don't have a cultural monopoly in any region of the country

We aren't overrepresented in any business industry

Most of us don't even have enough money to pass to our kids after funeral expenses

We aren't a priority to either party because we have nothing to offer them outside our weak vote

None of this means we should stand by and watch the nazis nazi with our tax money:yeshrug:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Let me put you on game… Black men are 81% of the dem voting block… What puts Dems over the top is black women and white suburban women and that 81% of black men… the other 10% is Republican both sided c00ns and the 9% remaining or independents
The white swing vote cancels out the Black vote.

53% of white women voted for trump so the few Black people that bother the vote kinda don't matter.

They thought Texa was gonna go D until the Mexicans at the border broke for Trump at a 20% clip.