2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Years of bad coaching and bad draft analysts convincing people that QB is a unicorn position. NFL needs fewer coaches who just grind and more coaches who actually develop players. Most QBs are gonna fail but you can’t convince me that a talented rookie backup QB not showing any progress after 2-3 years is solely his fault. That’s coaching and a lack of development.

I also think the lack of reps for backups kills development too. Has to be a way to get backups reps during the season in practice. Teams got too much money and too many fields in the facility not to figure this out.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Years of bad coaching and bad draft analysts convincing people that QB is a unicorn position. NFL needs fewer coaches who just grind and more coaches who actually develop players. Most QBs are gonna fail but you can’t convince me that a talented rookie backup QB not showing any progress after 2-3 years is solely his fault. That’s coaching and a lack of development.

I also think the lack of reps for backups kills development too. Has to be a way to get backups reps during the season in practice. Teams got too much money and too many fields in the facility not to figure this out.

this is a double-edged sword

you spend a lot of reps giving reps to backup with your first team, you dont give enough to your starter and that can a negative impact on the starter performance

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

The league has shifted to athletic QBs being the standard in a quick fashion and I don't think coaches have figured how to handle that and coach away habits formed from relying on athletic gifts and intuitiveness.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory

That’s not an NFL problem. That’s a failure to develop at the collegiate level issue. Despite the numbers, a cat like Jayden Daniels is still a one read and run QB. These cats aren’t reading defenses beyond the DE crashing down or sitting on the QB on the option. Hopping around and not being in a system for 2+ yrs is also an issue at QB more than other spots.

Daps
That’s not an NFL problem. That’s a failure to develop at the collegiate level issue. Despite the numbers, a cat like Jayden Daniels is still a one read and run QB. These cats aren’t reading defenses beyond the DE crashing down or sitting on the QB on the option. Hopping around and not being in a system for 2+ yrs is also an issue at QB more than other spots.
I haven't seen a single fukking person say this shyt in bold what are you talking about?

You don't put up Daniels passing numbers being that kind of QB not in the SEC

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I haven't seen a single fukking person say this shyt in bold what are you talking about?

You don't put up Daniels passing numbers being that kind of QB not in the SEC
You obviously haven’t been listening. Check his game logs. That comp wasn’t as great as you think just cause he was in the SEC. 38% of his passing TDs came in noncon against the likes of Grambling, GA St, and Army. The only team he played in noncon he got a ton of his stats was FSU cause his team was getting stomped out and garbage time. Played poorly vs Bama and shootouts vs a bad Ole Miss defense and Mizzou. Maybe he is better at the next level. But this one year doesn’t trump the previous 3-4 yrs of bad tape I’ve seen on him.