2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
You emotional :umad:

Some fans are reactive. After a team blows up then you start your “analysis”. A fukking dog can do that. I’m proactive. I don’t need ESPN to spoon feed my takes. And I’m telling you now, BEFORE it happens, they are stacked. ‘We DoNt kNoW wHo ThEy tAkE’. Stop it. They are taking Caleb Williams and he bout to eat. I’ll @ you when it’s time for me to gloat :beli:

nikka said the Bears are stacked :dead:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You thinking a WR drafted at 32 will immediately be as good or better than Mike Williams is fukking hilarious

Based on what exactly? :wtf: If you get attached to big names just say that. Bc his production, married with his age, does not back you

When you look at round 1 WRs the last 2 years the win rate is very high. More than any position.

Zay flowers, JSN, and Jordan Addison from last year are all WR2s comparable to Mike Williams from day 1. I’m taking all 3 over a 30 year old Mike Williams.

From 2022, Drake London, Chris Olave, Garret Wilson. I’m taking all 3 over a 30 year old Mike Williams

Jameson Williams and jahan Dotson. Meh. Slight edge to Mike. The one outright bust: Quentin Johnson.

That’s 6 out of 9 hits. With 2 still up in the air. No other position hits at that rate

So considering this draft class and a WR at 32 would likely be a mid first rounder in another draft, plus the changing nature of WRs and how nfl-ready they come in, yea give me pick #32.

Good teams don’t operate out of fear or beholden to big names. Ie Detroit traded Hock, who would imagine they would replace him with an equal if not better rookie. Decided to not pay swift. Got Gibbs. And it’s all related bc you same nggas would have had KC sign D Hop last year and that probably would mean Chris jones and/or Snead would be gone right now.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They'll need money to resign Fields :yeshrug:

I don't know what's going on but it seems like Caleb doesn't really want to go there or they're not sure what they're doing at QB.

The ‘build around Fields and trade down’ plan is not happening. The only reason that grew legs is bc people got fatigued with the consensus #1 pick and that happens every year. People thought Caleb regressed. But from all accounts once scouts watched his tape that went out the window. He is everything we thought he was.

But yea they not saving money to pay Justin fields :pachaha: fans are wildly disconnected from how the league views him. He is in no mans land. Sign him, you have to pay him. So it’s best to let him toil as a backup and come back and get baker/geno discount type deals. It’s a mini blackball tbh, but that’s how it works. Fields bout to be a backup.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
So...
Ain't nothing guaranteed in the draft (Skyy Moore was supposed to be a draft hit). I still want them to get a WR in the draft no doubt but also want a veteran that's a known entity.
Yup, feel like we should take two honestly. 1 or 2nd and late round.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ‘build around Fields and trade down’ plan is not happening. The only reason that grew legs is bc people got fatigued with the consensus #1 pick and that happens every year. People thought Caleb regressed. But from all accounts once scouts watched his tape that went out the window. He is everything we thought he was.

But yea they not saving money to pay Justin fields :pachaha: fans are wildly disconnected from how the league views him. He is in no mans land. Sign him, you have to pay him. So it’s best to let him toil as a backup and come back and get baker/geno discount type deals. It’s a mini blackball tbh, but that’s how it works. Fields bout to be a backup.

I'm not talking about the rest of the league. I'm not convinced Poles knows what he's doing.

First he was at the combine saying he'd get the Fields situation resolved swiftly. Now we're hearing they haven't actively shopped him because they're waiting for Caleb's medicals or they're not that high on him:comeon:

If they decided to take Caleb then you get Fields out of there for whatever you can get. You have no leverage to ask for a 2nd. If you get a late rounder so be it. The objective should be to get things sorted so you can then move on to free agency and the draft.

Chicago hasn't handled this well at all.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Good for him. Should get us another comp pick next year

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I'm not talking about the rest of the league. I'm not convinced Poles knows what he's doing.

First he was at the combine saying he'd get the Fields situation resolved swiftly. Now we're hearing they haven't actively shopped him because they're waiting for Caleb's medicals or they're not that high on him:comeon:

If they decided to take Caleb then you get Fields out of there for whatever you can get. You have no leverage to ask for a 2nd. If you get a late rounder so be it. The objective should be to get things sorted so you can then move on to free agency and the draft.

Chicago hasn't handled this well at all.

They definitely haven’t. I think they fell for the okey doke. They let media clamor trick them into thinking a) Caleb wasn’t that good, and b) Justin isn’t that bad

Meanwhile, teams themselves know Caleb IS that good, and Justin IS that bad :heh: (or more accurately , limited)

I listen to Chris Simms he knows his shyt and he as well as a few others said Caleb’s tape is generational. There was no ‘regression’. They not waiting for no medicals. Bears know it’s Caleb and are trying to smokescreen that. Fields bout to go for a bag of chips

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Hopefully Ridley signs back with the jags. Wr core doesn't make sense without him