Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

they are gonna take Drake Maye or JJ McCarthy in the 1st round
Maye won't be available unless the Giants have the balls to move up
they took Daniel Jones 6th when everyone said he was a 2nd round pick

they’ll take JJ if Maye is gone
They made that mistake and
1) They still like Jones too much to take a QB at 6
2) I think they've learned from that mistake because most of Jones's flack is for being #6.

I live here and there's an idea of trading down to get a QB to avoid that. GB at 25 doesn't need a QB.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
:francis: i really feel sorry for Lamar : it’s like a conspiracy to NOT get that man some type of offensive help :francis:
He just won his 2nd MVP and 13 games (14 if they would have played the starters). What more does he need?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These team are so fukking stupid.

Josh Jacobs 4 years 48 mill?!?! :laff: Why would you pay a worse RB, for more years ….Jacobs 3.5 ypc last year he is not that good.

I swear Alabama goodwill last YEARS. Jacobs, Jerry Jeudy, it’s like GMs think ‘fukk it he went to Bama he must be good’

I don't understand the Packers here.

calh45

Cal
Daps
It doesn't matter. Again, based on who has gotten what already, there was no world which Cousins doesn't get ~45M~ a year.

They have a core of very young offensive weapons with no one to use them. They apparently rather have the guy who can use them now than wait/hope Penix becomes a franchise QB. Because when all those paydays come up all those weapons won't be kept and now Penix's ability to handle it will be in question.

The NFC South is a not division I'm worrying about Cousins making the playoffs in.
First, you're casually dismissing one of the worst roster setups in the NFL. A slightly above average QB plus a young very talented skill position group is basically useless. He literally just had that in Minnesota and did nothing with it. It's not like he has some sort of reputation to make players better.

Second, it definitely matters when you consider the landscape. If no one else was going to pay him that much, and there is no team that would pay that, because the ones who need QBs have high picks this year, OR already have a young QB in place, and that leaves Denver (no money) and Steelers (signed Russ at vet minimum), Commanders (LOL), Giants (LOL even harder), and Raiders (probably drafting Penix in the mid round or Nix in the later rounds)

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
He just won his 2nd MVP and 13 games (14 if they would have played the starters). What more does he need?
Lamar gets excuses made for him, but to be fair his receiver room still needs attention. People only thought it wouldn't because they thought Odell was going to be All-Pro Odell.
First, you're casually dismissing one of the worst roster setups in the NFL. A slightly above average QB plus a young very talented skill position group is basically useless. He literally just had that in Minnesota and did nothing with it. It's not like he has some sort of reputation to make players better.

Second, it definitely matters when you consider the landscape. If no one else was going to pay him that much, and there is no team that would pay that, because the ones who need QBs have high picks this year, OR already have a young QB in place, and that leaves Denver (no money) and Steelers (signed Russ at vet minimum), Commanders (LOL), Giants (LOL even harder), and Raiders (probably drafting Penix in the mid round or Nix in the later rounds)
I'm not ignoring anything. What Cousins also had in Minnesota was one of the consistently worst defenses in the NFL.

It does not matter. There's already a precedent set for what a Top 10/12 QB will get as a free agent. Atlanta had the money and the necessity.

You just told me you have a problem with Atlanta signing Cousins period, almost regardless of what the money was, so you answering this comes with a grain of salt, especially when I had to go back and forth with you in the past comparing him to a player with a 30 INT season in 2019.

Every team you named outside of Denver and Pittsburgh would've offered this deal, with the caveat of the Giants having to trade Jones. Raiders could've still signed him and had either QB you named sir behind him, the deal would be shorter but the AAV would be the same.

Edit: After seeing Year 3 is 10M guaranteed and Y4 is non-guaranteed, Vegas throws Cousins this same deal while the young guy sits.

Last edited:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps

Stopped reading here

You being very emotional and not thinking logically

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
No :mjlol:

Baker was almost a clipboard holder/if not out of the league. Kirk Cousins is a 4x Pro Bowler who in his last healthy season went 13-4.

It doesn't really matter. There was no world in which Daniel Jones gets the deal he got, Dak got what he got a couple years ago, and Cousins doesn't get at least that.
Kirk has one won playoff game in his entire career and is considerably older than Baker coming off an ACL injury.