2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
People talking about McCarthy, but Dallas Turner's explosiveness is crazy:

I haven't seen dude bend like Von and Von's 3-cone is pretty much the best indicator (has the 5th-fastest 3-cone of all-time for an OLB) but it's clear the explosiveness will be a factor in the league:

Von Miller:
Height6' 3"77
Weight246 lbs76
Arm Length33½"86
Hand Size9¼"24
10 Yard Split1.57s80
40 Yard Dash4.42s98
Vertical Jump37"78
Broad Jump126"90
3-Cone Drill6.7s94
20 Yard Shuttle4.06s94
Bench Press21 reps41

Dallas Turner:
Height6' 2¾"21
Weight247 lbs9
Wingspan83"88
Arm Length34⅜"80
Hand Size10"59
40 Yard Dash4.46s98
Vertical Jump40½"97
Broad Jump127"92

Teams seem to have out smarted they self with him

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Why even trade for him knowing he wanted a new contract, if you’re not prepared to give it to him

Dunno but if you're the Jets why would you trade for someone without a deal in place lol.
Because he wanted out of Philly so badly that he was ok with playing out that last year, and negotiating in the offseason. That's what he told Douglas and Saleh and that's why they sent over a 3rd rounder.

Dude changed his tune in the past few months.

As much as I want him to suit up and play, he's a luxury to the Jets. Not a necessity. So if he wants to keep holding out, the Jets are gonna keep fining him. :yeshrug:

It's hard to get a new contract by sitting out, and not playing.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Because he wanted out of Philly so badly that he was ok with playing out that last year, and negotiating in the offseason. That's what he told Douglas and Saleh and that's why they sent over a 3rd rounder.

Dude changed his tune in the past few months.

As much as I want him to suit up and play, he's a luxury to the Jets. Not a necessity. So if he wants to keep holding out, the Jets are gonna keep fining him. :yeshrug:

It's hard to get a new contract by sitting out, and not playing.

Sources: The #Jets were informed before acquiring Haason Reddikk that his contract needed to be addressed. They made an offer prior to the trade with Philly, which Reddikk turned down.

The team still went ahead with the trade without a deal in place. Reddikk attended his press conference with the understanding that contract talks would continue, but I’m told no official proposal has been made since he joined the team in late March. That’s where things stand, and it’s why Reddikk has not been with the team at minicamp or training camp — and why today’s trade request was made

Doesn't sound like it had anything to do with wanting out of Philly, it was only ever about getting paid. Douglas told him we can't agree to a number now but we will eventually and didn't come through.

A smart GM would've never entertained the situation (like New England and Cleveland backing out of Aiyuk deals once he wouldn't sign an extension), but when your seat is on fire like Douglas/Saleh logic goes out the window.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Doesn't sound like it had anything to do with wanting out of Philly, it was only ever about getting paid. Douglas told him we can't agree to a number now but we will eventually and didn't come through.

A smart GM would've never entertained the situation (like New England and Cleveland backing out of Aiyuk deals once he wouldn't sign an extension), but when your seat is on fire like Douglas/Saleh logic goes out the window.
I'm gonna try to find his press conference from April 1st. He himself said he was content on playing out the final year of the contract, and whenever it gets done, then it gets done. Specifically said he was looking forward to getting in the building and meeting his teammates.

Then at some point, he did a 180. dude's got no leverage right now. About to be 30. Sit out the year and lose out on more than 17 million dollars. What team is gonna wanna give you a long term extension after sitting out a year?

Dude better get it together, cause like i said.. on this jet defense, he's a luxury. Not a necessity.