2024 NFL Offseason Thread

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe when Aikman call LJ games he can put the off the field stuff to side and do his job regularly

Lamar Jackson, Troy Aikman grapple over No. 8 copyright​

Aikman has a beer brand known as “EIGHT.” Jackson sells “Era 8” apparel.
Troy Aikman and Lamar Jackson are grappling over copyright issues relating to the number they wore on the football field — eight.
Both apparently hold legal protection over some form of the number. Most recently, Jackson opposed Aikman’s attempt to use “EIGHT” on apparel and bags, arguing that it is “likely to cause confusion, or cause mistake, or to deceive” the purchasing public as to whether they’re buying products from Jackson or Aikman. Jackson’s filing also said he “has expended considerable time, effort, and expense in promoting, advertising, and popularizing the number 8 in connection with his personality and fame” and “is well-known by this number due to his notoriety and fame, along with his promotion of this number in his trademarks and in media coverage.”

premier58

All Star
Daps
My longshot predictions for this season. I will hedge if they come close.

-Browns +2200 to win the AFC
-Rams +1500 to win the NFC
-Anthony Richardson +3000 MVP
-Stafford +3000 MVP
-Watson +6000 MVP
What do yall see in Anthony Richardson, or am I just being dense and obtuse??

Spence

Superstar
Daps
DaBoll wanted to trade up and get Jayden Daniels 🤣🤣😂😂 and the owner wanted to keep Saquan

GMen what's going on in East Rutherford?
Not only that, They were still formulating their plans THE DAY BEFORE FREE AGENCY! :mjlol:

Like dude, the plan is simple, have a cap wizard that gives you all the options on the table, then have backups on backups of the key positions you want to fill with free agents, THEN make sure you have a call center of lackeys reaching out to your top targets all AT THE SAME TIME to make sure agents know you’re interested rather than sitting on your hands waiting your turn to get a call off and the target signs to someone else quickly when everyone knows early birds get the most money off dumb ass decisions during bidding wars :heh:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

I like the plan of wearing teams out. They kept a lot of games close last season. Now that Kyler is healthy and they drafted MHJ at WR and Troy Benson who many thought was the best RB that class, they have a much better chance of closing those games out.

Cardinals and Chargers are both teams who'll most likely focus on running attacks. Should be interesting to see their effectiveness this season.

Last edited:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can read defences but doesn't always throw. The fact he knows the right play is enough for me. He needs to stop running like Cam. He's got the vision and can get that team to the playoffs.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Swag, and that’s about it :pachaha:

He has RG3 written all over him but homers don’t want to call a spade what it is.
He nevee impressed me at Florida, either. He is a workout warrior that these guys fawn over, every season. Same dudes that thought John Ross was gonna be a superstar because of his 40 time alone. As if pro football is that simplistic

Spence

Superstar
Daps
He nevee impressed me at Florida, either. He is a workout warrior that these guys fawn over, every season. Same dudes that thought John Ross was gonna be a superstar because of his 40 time alone. As if pro football is that simplistic
He barely has any nfl tape, once defensive coordinators find out he’s hiding behind short routes and not calling checks at the line on masked coverages he’s about to be Tyrod Taylor status :dead:

premier58

All Star
Daps
Not so much what I see in him, but he has pieces on offense, will have big rushing numbers, and I have the Colts possibly winning the division.
I actually have Houston and Tennessee clearly ahead of them, and if Trevoe Lawrence can fonally ascend, Jacksonville, too.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

Best case scenario, he's a player in the mold of Cam Newton. Which means his body will eventually break down on him.

But I think what gave people buzz about him is that despite not impressing in college and being drafted solely on physical tools, the four games he played he showed real promise as a rookie and the coach/team in place is enough to compete with.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Legitimate freak athlete, productive in the small sample we saw last season (even though everyone thought he was no where near ready to start in year one), and he's attached to the playcaller Herbert & Hurts each had their best season with.

If Steichen can teach him how to throw an out-route then breh's basically a cheat code back there, the real question is whether he can stop taking hits like a crash dummy :francis: