2024 NFL Offseason Thread

premier58

All Star
Daps
Legitimate freak athlete, productive in the small sample we saw last season (even though everyone thought he was no where near ready to start in year one), and he's attached to the playcaller Herbert & Hurts each had their best season with.

If Steichen can teach him how to throw an out-route then breh's basically a cheat code back there, the real question is whether he can stop taking hits like a crash dummy :francis:
Freak athletes fail all the time. NFL is filled with them. He wasnt that good at Florida and his workouts and measurables shot him up the board.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

I like the plan of wearing teams out. They kept a lot of games close last season. Now that Kyler is healthy and they drafted MHJ at WR and Troy Benson who many thought was the best RB that class, they have a much better chance of closing those games out.

Cardinals and Chargers are both teams who'll most likely focus on running attacks. Should be interesting to see their effectiveness this season.

I honestly don't think it's anything new. Cards ran a lot because that was their best offense. They played bully ball with teams who were prone to bad run D, and it maximized their success. Cards don't have much talent on offense so how you win games is not turning the ball over and camping waiting for mistakes from your opponent.

The problem with this approach as with any run heavy approach is its only good when you are close in the game. Meaning you have to have a good defense.

Fall behind by two possessions or more and defenses will gladly start giving you room to run because that grinds the clock. A drive that consumes eight minutes and only nets you a FG is damn nearly a disaster when you're down by 17 in the third quarter.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I honestly don't think it's anything new. Cards ran a lot because that was their best offense. They played bully ball with teams who were prone to bad run D, and it maximized their success. Cards don't have much talent on offense so how you win games is not turning the ball over and camping waiting for mistakes from your opponent.

The problem with this approach as with any run heavy approach is its only good when you are close in the game. Meaning you have to have a good defense.

Fall behind by two possessions or more and defenses will gladly start giving you room to run because that grinds the clock. A drive that consumes eight minutes and only nets you a FG is damn nearly a disaster when you're down by 17 in the third quarter.
Yeah I don't think they'll outright rely on the run which is why they pulled in MHJ, but I do like that they're actually building it up the ground game as a threat to keep a defense honest. Power formations with aerial passing threats at WR and TE with a big arm is a good balanced approach.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
My longshot predictions for this season. I will hedge if they come close.

-Browns +2200 to win the AFC
-Rams +1500 to win the NFC
-Anthony Richardson +3000 MVP
-Stafford +3000 MVP
-Watson +6000 MVP
Love is winning MVP. It is known khaleesi

premier58

All Star
Daps
I thought of Tennessee as a major sleeper, but they could actually be the worst team this year. :pachaha: .
It all depends on Levis. If.he breaks outs, they are a viable contender, if he fails to develop/progress, they are 4 to 5 wins. It is all contingent on him.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I actually have Houston and Tennessee clearly ahead of them, and if Trevoe Lawrence can fonally ascend, Jacksonville, too.
I can understand Houston, but Tennessee? We don’t know how Callahan will be as HC yet or if Levis will take that next step. I’m not trying to come off as a hater or anything, but they’re kinda in the same position as us. Lot of potential if things go their way, but also a bunch of question marks.

Honestly, the AFC South as a whole is a wild card.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Legitimate freak athlete, productive in the small sample we saw last season (even though everyone thought he was no where near ready to start in year one), and he's attached to the playcaller Herbert & Hurts each had their best season with.

If Steichen can teach him how to throw an out-route then breh's basically a cheat code back there, the real question is whether he can stop taking hits like a crash dummy :francis:
I don’t think he’s anywhere near as reckless as Josh Allen on the field though. I didn’t feel like I was on the cusp of a panic attack as I did when Wentz was behind center.

The hit that did Ant in last season with his shoulder was a regular, routine tackle into the ground. But I heard that was a lingering issue for him since HS? Hope it’s sorted out. Homie was learning quickly. Recognized to slide instead of taking the unnecessary hits. Felt really good about him after that Rams game (even though we lost).

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
He can read defences but doesn't always throw. The fact he knows the right play is enough for me. He needs to stop running like Cam. He's got the vision and can get that team to the playoffs.
His pocket awareness is also really good. That was more apparent than anything after White Goodman from Dodgeball took over.

calh45

Cal
Daps
What do yall see in Anthony Richardson, or am I just being dense and obtuse??

He's a half second behind last year on reads. I don't trust him to make up that half second in an off season, but I understand betting on him in the AFC South.

Off topic. I think I fukk with the NFL flag football league. It's entertaining as hell.