2024 NFL CHAMPS CHIEFS REIGN CONTINUES: 3PEAT SEASON THE DYNASTY CONTINUES 2024-2025 SEASON THREAD

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
When the Bronco legend is calling for his head, it’s past time :wow:

:salute: Tho, that fake punt tackle against Houston ended that whole franchise
Yep, I always said I wanted to remember him for that play...the INT in Denver..things like that..not the college-like coverage of giving people 20 yards of space into the end zone

Last edited:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Roughly 7 or so more days until the season opener against the Cardinals..should be an interesting game

Just wanted to take a look at the defense and get what some of the brehs feel about it..do you project it to be better than last year's overall....worse?

D-Line
2021 Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Jarran Reed, Mike Danna/Melvin Ingram (2nd half of year)

2022 Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Nnadi, Karlaftis/Dunlap/Danna
I would give the edge to this year's defensive line mainly due to Joe Cullen coming aboard and making it a focus AND we got Dunlap earlier than Ingram plus the depth for the d-line seems more solid than year's past with K Sanders, and Wharton.

Linebacker

2021 Anthony Hitchens, Nick Bolton, Ben Niemann, Willie Gay (used inconsistently)

2022 Willie Gay, Nick Bolton, Elijah Lee/Leo Chenal

I give the edge to 2022, because they increased their speed and physicality by subtractions (Niemann and Hitchens) and Spags knows that he can trust Willie and Bolton... they typically like to use 2 LBs on the field so it's definitely a strength now.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Roughly 7 or so more days until the season opener against the Cardinals..should be an interesting game

Just wanted to take a look at the defense and get what some of the brehs feel about it..do you project it to be better than last year's overall....worse?

D-Line
2021 Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Jarran Reed, Mike Danna/Melvin Ingram (2nd half of year)

2022 Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Nnadi, Karlaftis/Dunlap/Danna
I would give the edge to this year's defensive line mainly due to Joe Cullen coming aboard and making it a focus AND we got Dunlap earlier than Ingram plus the depth for the d-line seems more solid than year's past with K Sanders, and Wharton.

Linebacker

2021 Anthony Hitchens, Nick Bolton, Ben Niemann, Willie Gay (used inconsistently)

2022 Willie Gay, Nick Bolton, Elijah Lee/Leo Chenal

I give the edge to 2022, because they increased their speed and physicality by subtractions (Niemann and Hitchens) and Spags knows that he can trust Willie and Bolton... they typically like to use 2 LBs on the field so it's definitely a strength now.

I just simply for the life of me can’t understand how we couldn’t pressure anyone last year but I’ll give the edge to this year simply because we were determined to make it better. Karlaftis has praised Frank Clark for being a great mentor and it seems everyone loves the young man’s motor. I think that’s exactly what we needed all along.

😂 y’all have given me grief for bashing certain players but Hitchens and Ben were TERRIBLE!!!! If something went wrong on defense it was because of them and Dirty Dan 😂 so this year takes it easily by a country mile.

Also because Bolton really was one of the best LBs last year! Him and Gay are about to become the best LB tandem in the league. They have that fight we haven’t had there in a long time.

Lee and Chanel are dogs!!!! We need that. But I’m just worried about our secondary. We tend to get beat in too many key moments ever since Pat became a starter. Maybe we just never had the personal to run Spags man system since then. Idk. But i honestly think it’s going to be more of the same because I just don’t have faith in our secondary right now.

Last edited:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Corner Backs
2021 Ward, Sneed, Fenton, Baker, Hughes, Lammons

2022 Sneed, Fenton, McDuffie, Josh Williams, Watson, Lammons

It's easy to say that last year DB's room was better than this year solely because of all the youth we have now. I'm sure it's going to be growing pains. BUT, I think the depth is better this year than last. Coming off the bench J Williams and Watson might not be experienced but they'll give up fewer open plays. Last year, I know everyone was sick of seeing WR's 20 yards open down the field. The speed and athleticism has increased. The rookies have to improve their ball tracking skills but at least they are sticking to their assignments. 2022 has the potential to be better.

Safeties

2021 Mathieu, Sorensen, Thornhill, Watts

2022 Reid, Thornhill, Cook, Bush

Honey Badger is that dude. He brought that energy, soul to the back end of the defense. With that being said, last year's safety room was defined by him throwing his hands up while Sorensen got torched. Everyone knew Juan was a better alternative than #49 but Spags was insistent on keeping the vet in. This year Reid is set to be a replacement for the landlord. While Tyrann felt like an invaluable piece of the defense, the difference between a healthy Thornhill and Sorenson is as wide as the separation the wide receivers had going against 49 (alright my bad) Add in that Cook and Bush and the depth is deeper this year....The safeties should find their stride.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I just simply for the life of me can’t understand how we couldn’t pressure anyone last year but I’ll give the edge to this year simply because we were determined to make it better. Karlaftis has praised Frank Clark for being a great mentor and it seems everyone loves the young man’s motor. I think that’s exactly what we needed all along.

😂 y’all have given me grief for bashing certain players but Hitchens and Ben were TERRIBLE!!!! If something went wrong on defense it was because of them and Dirty Dan 😂 so this year takes it easily by a country mile.

Also because Bolton really was one of the best LBs last year! Him and Gay are about to become the best LB tandem in the league. They have that fight we haven’t had there in a long time.

Lee and Chanel are dogs!!!! We need that. But I’m just worried about our secondary. We tend to get beat in too many key moments ever since Pat became a starter. Maybe we just never had the personal to run Spags man system since then. Idk. But i honestly think it’s going to be more of the same because I just don’t have faith in our secondary right now.
those game day threads last year used to be CLASSIC....I remember at first I was like yo, be easy on them....It got to a point where whenever I saw #49 and #56 :ohhh: :lupe: :damn::dead::russ::mjcry: They flashed off the screen with bad plays...lol

Bolton and Gay have a real chance to dominant the middle of the field.

I think the back end will limit the amount of big plays wide open but might give up a bunch of tacky tack 50-50 plays..comes with the territory of having young DB's...if we can get ample pressure up front though, maybe that alleviates the pressure on the rookies

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
those game day threads last year used to be CLASSIC....I remember at first I was like yo, be easy on them....It got to a point where whenever I saw #49 and #56 :ohhh: :lupe: :damn::dead::russ::mjcry: They flashed off the screen with bad plays...lol

Bolton and Gay have a real chance to dominant the middle of the field.

I think the back end will limit the amount of big plays wide open but might give up a bunch of tacky tack 50-50 plays..comes with the territory of having young DB's...if we can get ample pressure up front though, maybe that alleviates the pressure on the rookies

Our LB core is so solid. Gay, Chanel, Lee are great at the blitz. Bolton is legit great at everything and is one of the best coverage LBs in the game so even if we don’t get much pressure the middle can hold it down.

I hope McDuffie is fine and healthy for the game. The young guy from Lane I think idk the name of the HBCU really is the one I think that will develop into a great corner. You’re right though. The pressure will hopefully come. It’s going to be a brawl in the AFC West.

Who do you think is going to become WR1?

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Our LB core is so solid. Gay, Chanel, Lee are great at the blitz. Bolton is legit great at everything and is one of the best coverage LBs in the game so even if we don’t get much pressure the middle can hold it down.

I hope McDuffie is fine and healthy for the game. The young guy from Lane I think idk the name of the HBCU really is the one I think that will develop into a great corner. You’re right though. The pressure will hopefully come. It’s going to be a brawl in the AFC West.

Who do you think is going to become WR1?
Bolton is is that dude....I'm interested in seeing our LB's light it up if we can get pressure up front...

You're talking about Joshua Williams...yeah bro, I could be wrong, but I actually think he's going to be a PROBLEM for the opposing offense down the line.

I agree with @Lucky_Lefty on the WR1 by committee....I got a feeling its going to be where people are going to be like Juju been going off the last 3 games, Marquez has been quiet..then the next game he goes off...then the same will be said about Mecole then he has a game where he catches some big passes...rinse and repeat..all the while Travis is going to be Travis..might be better off without having to force fed anyone :hubie:

Last edited:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

In case anybody wanna join