2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They seen how Tony handled TNA & see what he’s doing with the Tag division in AEW they probably don’t want no part in that

And it’s their last shot at the big leagues :manny:
They too old to go to a rebuilding and seemingly directionless project like AEW's tag team division.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You seen how shytty that tag team division is? They aren't early LeBron on the Cavs level talents these days lol, though they are still good
They're still good, but they're not not young.
They could've taken Shad Khan's money, worked for 3 months, and then been chillin' at home like Miro. Going to AEW would've been a nice retirement plan.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Honestly nowhere is really a good spot for them. NXT is pointless and they are too good for that. WWE's tag team division sucks. AEW's tag team division sucks. Maybe they are going to have some training role in NXT and that appealed to them or something.

But as long as they are happy with their decision and getting the bag then good for them because they sure as hell deserve it.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Though I will say that I think the only reason Muta got a legends deal (and in the HOF) was to wiggle their way into Japan more because they've been wanting to get a foothold in there for at least a decade if not more. I don't find it to be coincidental that after that happened that WWE got NXT guys and AJ Styles to start popping up in Muta's promotion in NOAH. If Muta was just another Japanese legend that didn't have any political influence in modern Japanese wrestling then he likely never makes the HOF or gets signed to a legends deal. Because other than being able to sell some merch to Puro nerds, what does Muta otherwise offer WWE on a Legends deal? All these WWE fans that never have watched a second of wrestling outside of the WWE don't give a shyt about Muta.

Basically a "you scratch our back and we'll scratch yours" deal.