2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Swerve Strickland Says He's 'In The Midst' Of A Renegotiation Stage, 'I'm Really Enjoying My Status In AEW'

Speaking on [Barstool Rasslin](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0qJQlUwwDc), Swerve Strickland discussed his reign as the AEW World Champion. He noted that he was "in the midst of a renegotiation stage", and he stated that he was enjoying his status in AEW.

>*“I’ve always said me winning the AEW World Championship was phase two. That was the beginning of phase two of my career. Right now, I’m in the midst of like a renegotiation stage because I’m really enjoying my status here in AEW, I’m enjoying everything about the locker room, the roster, the talent, the promotion. I love the fact that I’m a really big part of building the company to different revenue, different avenues and things like that, as far as AEW. So that’s going to be the beginning of phase three of my career, and this is truly just the beginning of what’s about to happen for me, not just the wrestling side but everything altogether as a performer."*

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
AEW needs solid Mid carders bad though.
Part of the problem is that they got world title level people involved with midcard belts. Which can be great for establishing the belts as something of prominence, but at the same time it makes it difficult to believably put a midcard belt on a midcarder when they have to beat a world title guy.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
“I’ve always said me winning the AEW World Championship was phase two. That was the beginning of phase two of my career. Right now, I’m in the midst of like a renegotiation stage because I’m really enjoying my status here in AEW, I’m enjoying everything about the locker room, the roster, the talent, the promotion. I love the fact that I’m a really big part of building the company to different revenue, different avenues and things like that, as far as AEW. So that’s going to be the beginning of phase three of my career, and this is truly just the beginning of what’s about to happen for me, not just the wrestling side but everything altogether as a performer."
wait.
if winning the AEW title was beginning of phase 2
then everything before it was phase 1.
So like... 10+ years? Indies. LU. Chaka. Phase 1.
Win title: phase 2. World Champ. Fluffy coat. Beat up by all his friends. Midcarding for Ospreay. Nana.
but he's about to enter the beginning of phase 3 now? :ohhh:

Where'd the rest of phase 2 go? I want more of that phase, I think? Can we get more of Phase 1 actually? What does this even mean?

I'm confused by Swerve's Phase Model and would really like to see a chart or something to clarify. No mockery - I want to understand. I just don't tho.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Whatever Ricochet can do to help would likely be appreciated. Not like he has to go in and become world champ right away. I'm sure he'll get a title someday even if they don't make him the top guy. Shoot even if he gotta have some matches with Hologram on Collision to help boost ratings there for some weeks, then that's what he'll have to do. We know what he's capable of. Lets just hope he able to entertain us and help the company.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Whatever Ricochet can do to help would likely be appreciated. Not like he has to go in and become world champ right away. I'm sure he'll get a title someday even if they don't make him the top guy. Shoot even if he gotta have some matches with Hologram on Collision to help boost ratings there for some weeks, then that's what he'll have to do. We know what he's capable of. Lets just hope he able to entertain us and help the company.
I like to talk shyt but I’m a big fan of Rico. Wish him nothing but the best

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
One big benefit that Ricochet will bring is that he can teach some of the younger flippy guys to slow down and give their big moves time to resonate with the crowd. When Ricochet started doing that, his matches were a lot more fun to watch.