2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Daps

Full Story
Fenix and Penta have been the subject of much speculation regarding their status.

It was reported earlier this year by Bodyslam that Penta’s deal was up this year, with Fightful Select reporting that Fenix’s is as well. We’ve been able to learn that the duo have told many that Penta’s deal is up first, and that Fenix’s will be up around September.

Those that we’ve talked to said that AEW had wanted to re-sign them, but the process kept getting delayed by Penta and Fenix. Over the past few weeks, it became evident to AEW that the duo weren’t looking to re-sign, capped off by an ominous Konnan tweet saying “What goes around comes around 2.”

Ibou of Wrestlepurists reported that the duo are expected to go to WWE, and we can confirm there have been discussions internally about bringing them into the company Those that we’ve spoken to believe that the Lucha Bros want to be a package deal and don’t want to go to NXT.

One source close to the duo says it wouldn’t be surprising to see him in Orlando to prepare for the defection sooner than later.

Perhaps the most surprising element is that we’ve had numerous sources close to the duo that say they’ve been pretty open in claiming that they’ve had WWE talks already and that there is a preliminary offer on the table similar to that of what AEW was offering. When we reached out to WWE sources, they wouldn’t comment on the matters.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
"Cero Mierdo!!!" chant gonna hit like crack in WWE

They definitely gotta get George Kittle to walk em out too

giphy.webp

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Lucha Bros are not relevant to my wrestling interests but I guess they could probably sell a lot of merch to kids.

The Manuel Garcia era is coming. AEW has him taking back seat to dollar store Steve Corino that fell asleep in the tanning bed.

That face off between Dom and Garcia. :whoo:

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
PWInsider: WWE interested in signing Ricky Starks and other AEW talents

Numerous WWE sources stated there is "certainly interest" in a number of AEW stars whose deals are close to expiring or have been off TV for some time. One of those talents is Ricky Starks, although there is no word on whether WWE and Starks have been in contact, nor how long the former AEW World Tag Team Champion remains under contract with the promotion. It's also noted that WWE remain interested in Daniel Garcia, who has still not signed a new deal with All Elite Wrestling

[https://www.pwinsiderelite.com/arti...pwinsiderelite.com/article.php?id=186609&p=1)

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Kayla Braxton on leaving WWE: “I just realized, within myself, after eight years, I’ve done everything I can do here. You know how the schedule is at WWE. It’s very hard to accomplish anything else you want to do. I just felt like I was starting to miss out on opportunities outside of the company.”​

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Is WWE not gonna have the same problem AEW had of a bloated roster soon? Granted I do think Starks will do better in WWE, Lucha Bros should be a boost to the tag division (Penta masks gonna sell like crazy, don’t know why AEW didn’t capitalize on that), Garcia?? I think he’s better suited for AEW.

Point is, you got AEW rejects, the PC crew, 2.0 class, aging Black & Gold group, and the rest of the main roster guys on the roster, not to mention a few TNA talent eventually signing on like Hendry and Grace.

Granted, they do have a brand split that will help, but even still you got nikkas like Dragon Lee who ain’t doing shyt right now.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Is WWE not gonna have the same problem AEW had of a bloated roster soon? Granted I do think Starks will do better in WWE, Lucha Bros should be a boost to the tag division (Penta masks gonna sell like crazy, don’t know why AEW didn’t capitalize on that), Garcia?? I think he’s better suited for AEW.

Point is, you got AEW rejects, the PC crew, 2.0 class, aging Black & Gold group, and the rest of the main roster guys on the roster, not to mention a few TNA talent eventually signing on like Hendry and Grace.

Granted, they do have a brand split that will help, but even still you got nikkas like Dragon Lee who ain’t doing shyt right now.
Hendry
Grace
Danny
Starks
Guilia
Stephane

Can cook in NXT for a bit

Lucha Bros the tag division on the main roster can use them same as MCMG if they’re coming

I can see a lot of the older stars like

Miz
Sheamus
Kofi
And others

Start to wind down there careers

As long as they give them something

Instead of just having them appear on tv one week & disappear

But they doing that with Dragon Lee so I see where you’re coming from

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

Soon?

Maybe this is the thing to force HHH to chill on all the long term stories. The biggest stories in WWE have been building for two damn years and none of them an Bloodline level quality.

People talking about "finally warming up to Damian Priest." Well, damn, they kicked Edge (who'd retired) outta JD in JUNE 2022!!!

Damage Control terrorized the locker room for two years, got bullied by Bianca and we were supposed to feel bad for Bayley because she got kicked out.

Hell, I'll never complain about Rhea's booking, but, for the longest time, you couldn't build a quality women's division on RAW because she's booked so damn strong. They had Becky duck her for a year and even had her wearing a developmental belt to protect her.

She had the belt for 400 days, got hurt, and they bout to put it right back on her. I don't know why people want Guilia and Stephanie on the main roster so bad.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Yeah, I would hold off on wanting Garcia if I were the 'E.

They should see how AEW attempts to develop him first before getting him. He still young enough.
I don’t care for Garcia like that, but HBK made Charlie Dempsey entertaining and Garcia has shown more charisma than him in the past, so I think he’d be fine to get some more rounded skills….

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Ay, as far as that joke about the Lucha bros and Andrade forming lwo red

As much as we crack on Andrade, he’s been puttin on heaters lately and fans starting to fukk with him. He getting cheered heavily. He might not be y’all’s punchline for much longer

:whoo:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Hendry
Grace

Danny
Starks
Guilia
Stephane

Can cook in NXT for a bit

Lucha Bros the tag division on the main roster can use them same as MCMG if they’re coming

I can see a lot of the older stars like

Miz
Sheamus
Kofi
And others

Start to wind down there careers

As long as they give them something

Instead of just having them appear on tv one week & disappear

But they doing that with Dragon Lee so I see where you’re coming from
Grace and Hendry aren't WWE talent bruh.

Also keep in mind signing every Samoan like Cash Money Records signing every artist that walked back in 08 to 2011