2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Have we reached the point where we've seen guys go back and forth yet? I think someone like Garcia would benefit from that. Do a stint in WWE then go back to aew a bigger stat.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking with Matt Camp on The Wrestling Matt, Joe Hendry discussed being involved in the crossover between NXT and TNA.

"I’m in a situation where we’re having historic collaboration between TNA Wrestling and WWE. We’re in a situation where TNA Wresting have worked it out with WWE where I can appear on TNA Wrestling as a contracted talent, I can appear on NXT, and I can train at the Performance Center full-time and do indies and do signings. This is unprecedented. It’s never been done before in the business. So thank you to TNA and WWE for figuring it out," Hendry said.

Hendry went on to describe how he is determined to improve, and he wants to build on the skills he has. He noted that this was the reason why he was training at the Performance Center. Hendry also stated that he thought he was collaborating well with TNA management.
“I have no ego when it comes to getting better. That’s why I’m training at the Performance Center. I’m never just gonna rest the skills that I’ve got. I’m always trying to build to something more. I’m very grateful to TNA Wrestling for giving me the opportunity to do that. I think I’m collaborating really well with management, and I think we’re putting ourselves in a position to do historic business for TNA," Hendry said.

During the interview, Hendry also discussed working with Shawn Michaels, and he recalled how Michaels approached him with the opportunity to train at the WWE Performance Center. He highlighted how getting to learn from Michaels was an amazing opportunity.

"For me personally, from a training perspective, Shawn’s giving me a huge opportunity, and Shawn said, ‘Hey, this door is open. If you want to train at the Performance Center, we’re gonna open that door.’ I was like, ‘Let’s do it.’ I said, ‘Give me a week to sort out my real-life stuff back home in Scotland, and let’s go.’ We figured it out. So right now, I’m training at the Performance Center and I’m here in Orlando, and I’m getting this amazing opportunity to learn from the greatest in-ring performer of all time," Hendry said.
Hendry also said that he was working with Terry Taylor, and he was participating in the promo classes.

Previously, Hendry noted that he had been training at the Performance Center and with Ace Steel. He has also been seen training at the Dungeon 2.0., which is run by Natalya and Tyson Kidd.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Everyone has to know long-term WWE plans on stealing talents like joe and Jordan and anyone else with any talent making them full-term wwe wrestlers through this partnership right :pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Why do people get so defensive about that word? Same thing happened when people called out AEW for what they did to New Japan.
I can see why some would call it raiding, but it doesn’t make sense to me. People go where there’s a better opportunity; it’s their decision to choose what they want. “Raiding” comes off like they were forced into the other company.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I can see why some would call it raiding, but it doesn’t make sense to me. People go where there’s a better opportunity; it’s their decision to choose what they want. “Raiding” comes off like they were forced into the other company.
I think because you see it from the wrestler's perspective, not the promotion that's losing (or acquiring) the talent.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think because you see it from the wrestler's perspective, not the promotion that's losing (or acquiring) the talent.

Let’s be honest, nobody gonna stay in TNA if they’re offered a contract in the E. Of course there’s the rare exception, but rising talent isn’t gonna pass on an opportunity.

But yeah, I remember a lot of people used the raid word for AEW/NJ. Won’t be shocked if these dudes don’t claim that here. :heh: