2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I don't see DG as a good fit for WWE (maybe NXT, but not the main roster). I think he should just stay in AEW.

Although I would find it hilarious if he left, because I was at the 1st Dynamite this year, when he faced Swerve in the main event. After the match and the cameras were off, Tony talked to the fans and said this would be a big year for DG and we'd be seeing a lot more of him. Imagine saying/doing all that only for him to walk halfway through the year :mjlol:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I don't see DG as a good fit for WWE (maybe NXT, but not the main roster). I think he should just stay in AEW.

Although I would find it hilarious if he left, because I was at the 1st Dynamite this year, when he faced Swerve in the main event. After the match and the cameras were off, Tony talked to the fans and said this would be a big year for DG and we'd be seeing a lot more of him. Imagine saying/doing all that only for him to walk halfway through the year :mjlol:

He'd be a great fit for WWE. They should give him a try.

:lolbron:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

DG fits well in NXT as I can see Hickenbottom finding something for him, but if he were to be on the main roster, he's gonna find himself in the same position that he's currently in AEW. I would say he can at least go after three different titles in AEW and ROH.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
DG has grown on me (:dame:) this year, but I wouldn't mind if he left. No interest in a DG/MJF feud.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
DG fits well in NXT as I can see Hickenbottom finding something for him, but if he were to be on the main roster, he's gonna find himself in the same position that he's currently in AEW. I would say he can at least go after three different titles in AEW and ROH.
I definitely feel there’s more long term upward trajectory for Garcia in AEW, especially since he’s still pretty young. I’d honestly be surprised if he actually signed with WWE in any capacity

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Garcia is an easy fit in WWE. He has a big personality. Nothing like you see on tv. Trust me.

I doubt he leaves because I see AEW overpaying but if he does dip, he’s another Brian Pillman jr. where you realize right away that it’s a match made in heaven

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
García is young as hell. Going to WWE/NXT would be beneficial to him in the sense that he would have to learn new stuff and more important, continue to try new shyt (like he did when he was stuck in Jericho hell). If things don't work out he'd still be under 30, with more experience and open mindedness about what to do in the ring (and outside of it).

I honestly think a 2 year stint in CMLL would do wonders for him but the way AEW and WWE are paying, it's kinda hard choosing any company that isn't them.

I think his biggest issue is that TK thought he could be one of those wrestlers that are so good that they get over big solely based on that. And he was never that good. So he's been in weird place were he's given opportunities to learn on the job, which is a good thing for him as a talent, but in the middle of a wrestling "war", fans don't really have the patience to wait, specially when they told (by booking) that the was a Danielson/Styles/Ospreay type of talent and that was never the case.

The best thing that can happen to him is for AEW fans to miss him while at the same time he continues to improve. So when he comes back they are happy to see him + he's a better performer.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
All it took was dude to do a dance and suddenly there’s praise for him. I swear mu fukkas were shytting on him early on. :heh:

He’s improved on the mic, but still comes off fake to me. He’s pretty much the same wrestler he was when he started. I tried to get into him early on because he was focused on wrestling, but I just don’t see anything special.

He’d develop more in NXT, but if he can’t find a decent character he’s DOA on the main roster (if he could even make it). Of course the obvious thing for him is Gable’s stable, but who knows how long that’ll last.

He’s still young, so who knows how far he’ll go.