2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
There’s a reason I put “don’t care as much.” I never said they don’t care. We all know the general E audience wants more storylines than wrestling. If you give them a proper build and storyline they’re gonna be into, obviously.

Steph can go out there and work a great match, but the E audience won’t care unless there’s something built to it. A proper gimmick/character and storyline will help her. These mu fukkas don’t give a shyt about a Stephanie Vacquer. Even the stooges online acting all excited probably never heard of her until the last month. :skip:

I wonder if a guy can get over in todays WWE just simply off wrestling alone

I see they’re letting Ilja wrestle his ass off. He’s averaging a “this is awesome” chant every match on the main roster so far, which is insane for a WWE guy.. but before that bell rings, them folks do not be giving a fukk about him. We don’t talk about it much because we like the guy, but homie coming out to a CDQ of his theme every week

they gon have to start letting him cut crazy promos or something

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

I see they’re letting Ilja wrestle his ass off. He’s averaging a “this is awesome” chant every match on the main roster so far, which is insane for a WWE guy.. but before that bell rings, them folks do not be giving a fukk about him. We don’t talk about it much because we like the guy, but homie coming out to a CDQ of his theme every week

He’s an intense guy. Let him get his coherent, sensible Ultimate Warrior lite on and maybe the fans will like him more. They’re not fully leaning into the Mad Dragon nickname.

But I don’t think anyone can get over just by wrestling. Gargano is an example of it. Dude was wrestling his ass off in NXT. When he got the call up no one cared.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Thanks and also....

XsDalrl.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

It depends.... Look at DIY. Are they over? Their promos are meh and their entrance is always CDQ but by the end of their matches if they are given time the crowd is usually into it and sometimes going crazy...

If you invest enough time into a match and it's a good match the crowd will get into it. But do you want to take the time to give those guys (or others like them) long and drawn out matches ? I think Hunter believes he can..

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Seeing Sapp show his fragile today about Natalya's new contract was hilarious. PWI were the first to report it, and he commented trying to find out how they knew. Then he regurgitated what they posted and added a ton of word salad to make his article seem more legit. He still hasn't recovered from the infamous Punk story. :russ:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Seeing Sapp show his fragile today about Natalya's new contract was hilarious. PWI were the first to report it, and he commented trying to find out how they knew. Then he regurgitated what they posted and added a ton of word salad to make his article seem more legit. He still hasn't recovered from the infamous Punk story. :russ:

feels like Fightful just posts speculation whereas PWI actually confirms/breaks the stories

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
feels like Fightful just posts speculation whereas PWI actually confirms/breaks the stories
The only people breaking legit news are the actual news companies. Remember it was the NYT that broke all the Vince news, and none of the dirtsheets knew about the tv deals for any of the shows.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It depends.... Look at DIY. Are they over? Their promos are meh and their entrance is always CDQ but by the end of their matches if they are given time the crowd is usually into it and sometimes going crazy...

If you invest enough time into a match and it's a good match the crowd will get into it. But do you want to take the time to give those guys (or others like them) long and drawn out matches ? I think Hunter believes he can..

You just said it; they're HHH's NXT guys.

No, probably even if you're a monster.

Bron still goes crazy flippy shyt to get over.

But, I think that's Umos' problem. They can't present him as a monster because his skills ain't to their liking. I'd still have him just fukking ppl up. Plus, he actually has a personality.

Ilja's issue is; he had some character development in NXT and they treat NXT guys like the RAW/Smackdown ppl actually watch it and they probably don't.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Putting MFs on your TV without sometime kind of noncompete is just stupid as fucck man.

I guarantee whatever kind of deal that NXT/TNA has going right now that there is NO WAY anyone from TNA that appears on NXT could show up in AEW for at least 3 months.

I'm a POS because if I had a wrestling promotion, Birdman would be the head of talent relations :birdman: :yeshrug:

HHH would have to break me off, plus lemme book a couple NXT girls for taking Stephanie.