2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Bottom line is it's all part of being a part of a major corporation. Wrestling is wild with the IP but so is everything else. Any place you work, if you make a contribution to make the place better or more valuable in some way, you aren't taking that with you after you leave.... they own it.

I know it sucks but at this point, performers have to realize that is what they are signing up for when you go to WWE. That's all part of it. You can get famous and make a lot of money, but they are going to own everything.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Bottom line is it's all part of being a part of a major corporation. Wrestling is wild with the IP but so is everything else. Any place you work, if you make a contribution to make the place better or more valuable in some way, you aren't taking that with you after you leave.... they own it.

I know it sucks but at this point, performers have to realize that is what they are signing up for when you go to WWE. That's all part of it. You can get famous and make a lot of money, but they are going to own everything.

When it comes to shyt like that, I completely understand why WWE renames talent and completely rebuilds them in their own image. It makes sense when you think of WWE as episodic television

Imagine a world where Carlton Banks can just walk off the set of Fresh Prince and go be Carlton Banks on another networks show. At that point any random tv series can just eat off the character you wrote

:russ:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
lol why you come at bro so aggressive?

The unhingedness of wrestling fans needs to be studied. I feel like cboz unproblematic as hell. Bro just wanna watch NXT fr..

He ain’t deserve that :dead:

And WWE just trademarked Jacob Fatu which is also his real name, so you ain’t even accomplishing what you thought you were

He can defend himself

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
none of those are their real names breh :why:

WWE doesn't own Stuart Bennett, Ettore Ewen, Nathan Everhart or TJ Wilson

I wasn't referring to them or that those were their real names. I was referring to the fact that not many wrestlers are able to work after their wrestling career is over so for WWE to own their real name without helping them out at least is crazy. It's different seven it's a stage name.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Is it like that for sports? Does Lebron give the nba a cut of every shoe he sells? I know athletes especially basketball players like jordan with their own shoe line have contracts with nike and other brands. I wonder if those contracts are structured where nba or even the teams themselves get a cut of the sales.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
lol why you come at bro so aggressive?

The unhingedness of wrestling fans needs to be studied. I feel like cboz unproblematic as hell. Bro just wanna watch NXT fr..

He ain’t deserve that :dead:

And WWE just trademarked Jacob Fatu which is also his real name, so you ain’t even accomplishing what you thought you were
I was just having a little fun over how people overreact when WWE either changes someones name and trademarks it or when they don't and trademark it. No matter what some people will get furious. Looks like I triggered some.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I wasn't referring to them or that those were their real names. I was referring to the fact that not many wrestlers are able to work after their wrestling career is over so for WWE to own their real name without helping them out at least is crazy. It's different seven it's a stage name.

nobody puts a gun to their head to make them sign :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Is it like that for sports? Does Lebron give the nba a cut of every shoe he sells? I know athletes especially basketball players like jordan with their own shoe line have contracts with nike and other brands. I wonder if those contracts are structured where nba or even the teams themselves get a cut of the sales.

I don't know if the NBA is making money off things like 'Space Jam' and shyt but obviously they are making money off all types of things with LeBron James name on it, more than just jersey sales, they are putting out everything from golf balls to pillows to lamp shades etc... and are making a killing off the player's name.

If LeBron goes and becomes an actor down the line I don't think the NBA is getting a piece of that so that's where the WWE is a little different but they are making the argument that "John Cena" is their character so anything "John Cena" does with his name attached is partially theirs..

I saw Mercedes say one of the reasons she went to AEW is because they aren't going to be making any money off her name when it comes to outside projects. For someone like her, that's a big deal. For someone who is in the midcard, it might not matter.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was just having a little fun over how people overreact when WWE either changes someones name and trademarks it or when they don't and trademark it. No matter what some people will get furious. Looks like I triggered some.

TSC in 2024 is all about people getting mad... it's a staple of the community :russ: I have people trying to chase me down in other parts of the board.... that's heat brother... :mjgrin:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Not sure if using her real name is best for the E. She’s a great talent, but she needs to work on a character since she doesn’t have one, technically. That’s where a name change will add to it.

She’d have no problem getting over with the AEW crowd off of who she’s been, but we all know the E audience is more different. They really don’t care as much when it comes to work rate.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I don't know if the NBA is making money off things like 'Space Jam' and shyt but obviously they are making money off all types of things with LeBron James name on it, more than just jersey sales, they are putting out everything from golf balls to pillows to lamp shades etc... and are making a killing off the player's name.

If LeBron goes and becomes an actor down the line I don't think the NBA is getting a piece of that so that's where the WWE is a little different but they are making the argument that "John Cena" is their character so anything "John Cena" does with his name attached is partially theirs..

I saw Mercedes say one of the reasons she went to AEW is because they aren't going to be making any money off her name when it comes to outside projects. For someone like her, that's a big deal. For someone who is in the midcard, it might not matter.

Yeah true. I guess it's more whether it's an nba or nfl or whatever type of product or an outside venture. I know they have sponsorship deals with brands so that could be different like if LeBron appeared in a commercial for a car or whatever nba may have a partnership with as a sponsor. I think Kia is one but not sure of the others. One that comes to mind which is nfl is Mahomes with State Farm but not sure if they an nfl sponsor or he just was able to get that on the side.

Agree that it's more important for the upper card talent since they get those opportunities more. The company taking a cut of talent that doesn't get those opportunities wouldn't be too fair cuz they struggling already as is.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
TSC in 2024 is all about people getting mad... it's a staple of the community :russ: I have people trying to chase me down in other parts of the board.... that's heat brother... :mjgrin:

TSC is in ring and the other forums is like when the wrestlers take the match to the outside or the crowd or backstage. :mjlol:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Not sure if using her real name is best for the E. She’s a great talent, but she needs to work on a character since she doesn’t have one, technically. That’s where a name change will add to it.

She’d have no problem getting over with the AEW crowd off of who she’s been, but we all know the E audience is more different. They really don’t care as much when it comes to work rate.

Ay sidenote, I think the the idea of WWE fans not caring much about work rate is kind of a misinterpretation lol

Nobody wants matches to stink.. I think most fans of WWE’s style mainly don’t check for matches that really only exist for the sake of being good

Like for instance, if Ilja vs Chad Gable or some shyt is announced for RAW, you’ll have some fans hyped on social media about it because it’ll be good, but you won’t see WWE fans going out of their watch that match when really it’s just two nikkas who ain’t never even interacted on tv, wrestling. It feels kind of inconsequential..

I think that’s the biggest difference. There’s a segment of fans that’ll seek out matches from people they’ve never heard of if people say it’s good. WWE fans aren’t really like that though lol

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Ay sidenote, I think the the idea of WWE fans not caring much about work rate is kind of a misinterpretation lol

Nobody wants matches to stink.. I think most fans of WWE’s style mainly don’t check for matches that really only exist for the sake of being good

Like for instance, if Ilja vs Chad Gable or some shyt is announced for RAW, you’ll have some fans hyped on social media about it because it’ll be good, but you won’t see WWE fans going out of their watch that match when really it’s just two nikkas who ain’t never even interacted on tv, wrestling. It feels kind of inconsequential..

I think that’s the biggest difference. There’s a segment of fans that’ll seek out matches from people they’ve never heard of if people say it’s good. WWE fans aren’t really like that though lol
There’s a reason I put “don’t care as much.” I never said they don’t care. We all know the general E audience wants more storylines than wrestling. If you give them a proper build and storyline they’re gonna be into, obviously.

Steph can go out there and work a great match, but the E audience won’t care unless there’s something built to it. A proper gimmick/character and storyline will help her. These mu fukkas don’t give a shyt about a Stephanie Vacquer. Even the stooges online acting all excited probably never heard of her until the last month. :skip: