2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
She probably dipped as soon as she did because of the case against Cuatrero. Plus she's always wanted to work in WWE so given the chance to go there and get away from all the issues in México and not having to deal with people that have defended Cuatrero (like Rush) in AEW, Steph said fukk this shyt and left.

Don't blame her :manny:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Now Stephanie is burning bridges & is unprofessional

The IWC marks turned on her quick:russ:

Hopefully everything works out for her. Tho there was better ways to do it, especially if she just had the one appearance where she could've dropped the title this weekend I believe. Not sure what the situation was or if she was in any danger tho. Who knows what happened that she left immediately instead of saying she'll drop the title at the next event. Especially if any issues could've been avoided until then.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
IWC is fickle. Can't stand him, but Bully Ray was on to something when he told that dude in the audience to go be a fan. Unless Vaquer is on some Tessa Blanchard shyt, I'm still a fan. I don't care that she skipped those dates if i'm being honest.
Because they want to feel like they're a part of shyt just because they follow blogs and occasionally buy a ticket

Just like with this girl now they all know all about when she was threatened, who did it, how, who supported who etc

Idk and still don't really care it none of my business. But it seems like if there was that much static she most likely wouldn't go work a show for the company also employing them people and better yet, wouldn't have ever started negotiating a contract in the first place lol

Like the main reason she didn't sign there after working that match is bc of some jobber spanish nikkas also working there. Then wtf was she doing there to begin with lmao, AEW that sloppy that she can't protected and she just found out mid negotiation? They complain about tribalism take but every opportunity to showcase how stunted they are

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It does seem like it was unprofessional. She never dropped the belts, right? She was scheduled to defend it at the upcoming CMLL/NJ show. All this news coming out all of a sudden.

Not gonna fault her for going to the E, but wrasslin isn’t like a regular 9-5 where you put in a 2 week notice. :skip:

We’ll find out in due time.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
outside of money what do yall think makes women like Giulia and Stephanie Vacquer choose WWE over AEW right now? To me, AEW's women's division is wide open. WWE's women's division is log jammed at the top, to the point where even Bianca and Jade are* bullshytting in the tag division.

Is it simply the idea of WWE being more mainstream and allure of a Wrestlemania moment?

Last edited:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
outside of money what do yall think makes women like Giulia and Stephanie Vacquer choose WWE over AEW right now? To me, AEW's women's division is wide open. WWE's women's division is log jammed at the top, to the point where even Bianca and Jade or bullshytting in the tag division.

Is it simply the idea of WWE being more mainstream and allure of a Wrestlemania moment?
If your not

Charlotte
Bianca
“Becky”
Bayley

You’re basically fodder

But it’s definitely the exposure & branding for the most part

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
outside of money what do yall think makes women like Giulia and Stephanie Vacquer choose WWE over AEW right now? To me, AEW's women's division is wide open. WWE's women's division is log jammed at the top, to the point where even Bianca and Jade or bullshytting in the tag division.

That's what Giulia said. She said she was blown away by her experience at WrestleMania and she wants to be there one day. She didn't talk about money. With her, it also helped that Rossy the former head of Stardom is on good terms with WWE.

With Vaquer, I think her reasoning was very simple. Her ex tried to kill her in Mexico. RUSH was vocal about it being a misunderstanding or some bullshyt and said his friend (her ex) should be released from prison. I'm guessing Vaquer didn't want to be around him.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this, branding, if it doesn't work out but they got enough time and shine in WWE and get released they can command a bigger price once they leave to the rest of the field. and WWE is hot as its been in over a decade why miss out on it if you don't have to

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Why would she "never see them again"? Wrestlers hang out with wrestlers from other companies all the time... some are married... etc.. :jbhmm:

Naomi was at shows supporting Mercedes and they still get together. Mercedes and Bayley train together... Mercedes is still friends with Kairi Sane... etc.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Aew equivalent of
d-rose-dance_medium.gif