2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

ClutchVon

Pro
Daps
I've read numerous complaints on TSC regarding the promo abilities of Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley during their AEW tenure
Omega I can sort off see, but I have only saw Moxley’s complaints when it comes to his in-ring stuff. I don’t remember ever seeing people critique his mic skills.

ClutchVon

Pro
Daps
I think it's essential in both WWE & AEW with very few exceptions*
It's why I've been saying Ricochet has hit his ceiling in WWE but he won't go any higher in AEW
He's not a real main event player in a big American promotion.
Even in TNA I think he'd be in X Division for the most part, that's where they got Mustafa Ali right now and he's a much better talker than Ricochet

*Rey, RVD, Jeff Hardy were able to get very high on the card while not being good on the mic. All 3 have very unique looks though and just have a charisma about them that got the fans behind them and kept them.
Rey, Jeff, & RVD were pretty much perennial mid-carders outside of having one reign though. I love Rey, but it’s obvious his was because of circumstance.

Little off topic but I also don’t put Rey in the same boat as Jeff and RVD as mic-workers. Jeff and RVD just came off as typical white potheads while I believe had some underrated good promo work during his time tagging & against Eddie G imo.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
There's an argument that the content of his promos are bad, overrated or whatever but MJF is someone that can talk with ease and engage with the crowd in any situation and that's what is normally considered a "good promo guy".

A reason a lot of people compared him to the Miz so much was over the fact that he was so comfortable with the mic on his hands regardless of what anyone thought about the promos themselves or his ability in the ring.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Santos > Andrade in... literally everything but but gas usage :hubie:
Work, promo, aura, look, long-term potential. All of it.
Andrade hasn't been able to get far enough in either direction. As he gets older, his work is getting less interesting to watch since the La Sombra days. But he hasn't gotten better at having a character to supplement. And the character he's best suited to present is already being played plenty well by someone with less age and baggage in the same company, on the same show.
Santos doesn't have less age or long term potential. He's 40 (5 years older than Andrade)

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
The IWC does this with every wrestler.

I missed CM Punk's entire WWE because I didn't watch between like '03-'22.

I thought this dude was a jobber, the way his fans talk about how the WWE "screwed him over."

And found out like a year ago he had the 6th longest WWE champion reign ever, in a era where every title reigns was like 6 months max.

That shyt irks me lol

Like fam.. I get it. Guys like Ziggler, Claudio, Kofi, etc. were fully capable of a lot more than they got to show at times. This is true. Especially Kofi. Never denying that..

But using these guys as some grave example of talent being held down is so funny to me when all 3 dudes I named have legitimate hall of fame cases in one way or another

Everyone ain’t LeBron man. I wish the IWC understood that lol.. being the guy isn’t some interchangeable thing where you just cycle nikkas in and out. Ain’t nothing wrong with being Jamal Crawford and giving us 17 off the bench, with some ill highlights sprinkled on top.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
There's an argument that the content of his promos are bad, overrated or whatever but MJF is someone that can talk with ease and engage with the crowd in any situation and that's what is normally considered a "good promo guy".

A reason a lot of people compared him to the Miz so much was over the fact that he was so comfortable with the mic on his hands regardless of what anyone thought about the promos themselves or his ability in the ring.
He has the live crowd in the palm of his hands, even had them at the PPV chanting donkey dikks :dead:

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ain’t mad at Ricochet getting a bag from Big Trick Energy Tony, but that mane could do a 1050 Splash from the top of a scaffold and it’d be forgotten two weeks later. Should’ve just worked on his mic ability (pause) to move himself up the card and keep an eye on his fiance…

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That shyt irks me lol

Like fam.. I get it. Guys like Ziggler, Claudio, Kofi, etc. were fully capable of a lot more than they got to show at times. This is true. Especially Kofi. Never denying that..

But using these guys as some grave example of talent being held down is so funny to me when all 3 dudes I named have legitimate hall of fame cases in one way or another

Everyone ain’t LeBron man. I wish the IWC understood that lol.. being the guy isn’t some interchangeable thing where you just cycle nikkas in and out. Ain’t nothing wrong with being Jamal Crawford and giving us 17 off the bench, with some ill highlights sprinkled on top.
as a kid, we didn't JUST like hogan or Savage...i fukked with mr perfect, tugboat thomas, tito santana, steamboat, etc

attitude era, we liked jericho and he was JTTS status for years after his wwe debut....

WCW...the MIDCARD was the best part for years...you need quality at all levels and wrestling is better with the zigglers kofis miz' etc of the world...and they have had phenomenal careers and made a ton of money.

Only marks (in and out of the ring) think differently.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
That shyt irks me lol

We are in the "you deserve it!" era where people think the world title is some sort of participation award everybody should get if they've stuck around long enough or can have a 4+ star match

"Well if Jinder Mahal or Jack Swagger can be World Champ!1!" - yeah they tried that, and it didn't work. All the more reason not to repeat that same mistake.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
We are in the "you deserve it!" era where people think the world title is some sort of participation award everybody should get if they've stuck around long enough or can have a 4+ star match

"Well if Jinder Mahal or Jack Swagger can be World Champ!1!" - yeah they tried that, and it didn't work. All the more reason not to repeat that same mistake.
:ufdup: Jinder worked. The vince booking after did not. But he got the heat during his initial push you want a heel to get. He could've been an outstanding transitional champion for 3-5 months if his booking wasn't so shytty.