2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Ethan Page is basically Duke Hudson with none of the booking baggage he's had since he came back post-Jake Atlas
when he succeeds, Duke, JBL jr and Ridge should all be bulk-released as the need will have been filled and there's only so much roster depth you need to carry for the same bland position group:yeshrug:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
He wasn't even treated like a midcard guy in AEW. He was barely featured.
Yeah I don't really consider it fumbling it when someone is a midcarder though. To me that's like saying a basketball coach fumbled a a career reserve player. Yeah sure the midcard or reserve players are important pieces, but they are replaceable. They aren't the ones you build around, they aren't the ones selling tickets or driving ratings, etc.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
ethan page is one of those dudes who just fits better in WWE. Just like Lexis King. can't really call it a fumble for aew..

there's a few guys in AEW like that. kip sabian comes to mind

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
When I think of people who are or were fumbled by AEW, I think of…
  • Largely failing to capitalize off Willow’s momentum in 2023 after she beat Mercedes for that New Japan title and after winning the Owen Hart.
  • Jade Cargill never getting out of the TBS jobber opponent vortex
  • Not figuring out a way to get a program out of Punk vs. the Elite
  • Letting Cody book himself out of being able to win the AEW Championship
Or in WWE…
  • Triple H not being a fan of Swerve
  • Vince McMahon’s treatment of LA Knight - and he’s one of the rare midcard exception guys that seem to move the needle some
  • Running off Toni Storm with bullshyt creative
  • And the large majority of Drew McIntyre’s career up until his current gimmick.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I don't really consider it fumbling it when someone is a midcarder though. To me that's like saying a basketball coach fumbled a a career reserve player. Yeah sure the midcard or reserve players are important pieces, but they are replaceable. They aren't the ones you build around, they aren't the ones selling tickets or driving ratings, etc.
Wrestling fans always throwing fumbled and buried

Like nikkas shut up not everyone destined to be an all-time great lol

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Wrestling fans always throwing fumbled and buried

Like nikkas shut up not everyone destined to be an all-time great lol
Facts. Even when I look at swerve. The things that got him over in a real way, from Nana’s dance, the death matches with Hangman and taking staples to his chest, cutting promos over Hangman’s baby etc.

None of that stuff is happening in WWE with him.. and all of that is what got homie here

So running with “they fumbled!” narratives is lazy to me. It over simplifies something that’s more complex. I’d say swerve and AEW has been a perfect marriage. He was made for that brand of wrestling. Anything he did in WWE, even if they pushed him, would have had handcuffs on him. We’d never get this version of Swerve

Even with Jade it’s like.. of course she’ll be a bigger star in WWE, it’s a much larger platform and suits her strengths. That doesn’t mean AEW fumbled. They did what they could, but there was an obvious ceiling over there for what she has to offer

Last edited:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Pick your poison tbh

If you’re a wrestler and go to AEW you have a chance of wrestling all the time but it amounts to absolutely nothing in a feud nobody cares about besides loser nikkas on the net… like you match 3 out of 14, while you wrestling everyone going to the bathroom to piss or to grab more nachos and booze

If you’re a wrestler and go to wwe Triple H might not have a plan for you right now and he’s not going to change his long-term vision unless you popping like CM Punk. Every ppv only has five matches and they all get respectable time

If you someone like Andrade just sit back and enjoy getting paid while your body rest. He’ll get his time soon he needs a new gimmick and someone to be his mouth piece tho
I get that and understand, but if shyt like that happens, people need to hold everyone's foot to the fire.

Can't only lambaste AEW for that just because "I don't like AEW"

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Facts. Even when I look at swerve. The things that got him over in a real way, from Nana’s dance, the death matches with Hangman and taking staples to his chest, cutting promos over Hangman’s baby etc.

None of that stuff is happening in WWE with him.. and all of that is what got homie here

So running with “they fumbled!” narratives is lazy to me. It over simplifies something that’s more complex. I’d say swerve and AEW has been a perfect marriage. He was made for that brand of wrestling. Anything he did in WWE, even if they pushed him, would have had handcuffs on him. We’d never get this version of Swerve

Even with Jade it’s like.. of course she’ll be a bigger star in WWE, it’s a much larger platform and suits her strengths. That doesn’t mean AEW fumbled. They did what they could, but there was an obvious ceiling over there for what she has to offer
And this is the case with both parties

For WWE for a Jericho you're gonna get a Steve Williams and Shane Douglas

For AEW for a Swerve you're gonna get a Miro and Andrade

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I get that and understand, but if shyt like that happens, people need to hold everyone's foot to the fire.

Can't only lambaste AEW for that just because "I don't like AEW"
The usage of Andrade in WWE would have the internet talking about how he has been fumbled if he were being utilized this way in AEW. Proof being because that's exactly what happened when he was in AEW. Except he's in WWE now and no one even seems to give a shyt about it.