2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Definitely thought Shelton was AEW bound. Still could happen after he makes his rounds around the indies. Could see him as an occasional on screen wrestler/coach

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Definitely thought Shelton was AEW bound. Still could happen after he makes his rounds around the indies. Could see him as an occasional on screen wrestler/coach
I’m surprised none of those WWE guys from September were ever signed by AEW. Not that I’m complaining. Glad to see him show some restraint and be more selective with who he signs.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I thought Shelton had all but signed with AEW, and I'm surprised that he still hasn't. He'd be a great get, both in-ring and in the locker room. Shelton also has a bunch of friends in AEW, it seems like a no brainer for Tony Khan to sign him.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I’m surprised none of those WWE guys from September were ever signed by AEW. Not that I’m complaining. Glad to see him show some restraint and be more selective with who he signs.

Looking at those releases the only ppl I feel like worth picking up are Ali, Nemeth, and Benjamin. Everybody else is meh.

I thought Shelton had all but signed with AEW, and I'm surprised that he still hasn't. He'd be a great get, both in-ring and in the locker room. Shelton also has a bunch of friends in AEW, it seems like a no brainer for Tony Khan to sign him.

If not on AEW they could slid him right in ROH since he has history there.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Btw, with Drew re-signing that's gotta be pretty much it for big moves, no?
I know Seth & Becky are up but I don't see ANY CHANCE they leave. Like at all.

Unless you consider Hook potentially coming to WWE a big move. I don't personally. He would for sure be sent to NXT for some time before even getting to the main roster.

I think it's a good thing nobody else is moving too. Its fun for the shock factor but reality is AEW is pretty much where they should be in terms of roster right now. I would argue it's probably a little bloated tbh. It's to the point where they could easily split rosters for Dynamite and Collision

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Btw, with Drew re-signing that's gotta be pretty much it for big moves, no?
I know Seth & Becky are up but I don't see ANY CHANCE they leave. Like at all.

Unless you consider Hook potentially coming to WWE a big move. I don't personally. He would for sure be sent to NXT for some time before even getting to the main roster.

I think it's a good thing nobody else is moving too. Its fun for the shock factor but reality is AEW is pretty much where they should be in terms of roster right now. I would argue it's probably a little bloated tbh. It's to the point where they could easily split rosters for Dynamite and Collision
Yeah AEW doesn’t need anybody at this point and definitely are overloaded. But if a major name became available they should definitely consider it, especially if they have a big fanbase that could potentially follow them to AEW.

They are down without the following people for various reasons are and have zero problems having more than enough talent for the main event and midcard scene.

MJF, Darby, Omega, Hangman, Cole, Miro, Christian, Keith Lee, Juice, Starks, Guevara (suspension), probably Hobbs (injury), probably Samoa Joe (likely leaving soon to film that TV show)

And then for the women - Athena (ROH), Britt, Hayter, Queen Aminata (ROH), Red Velvet (ROH), Riho (visa), Ruby (pregnant), Tay Melo (maternity leave), and Yuma Sakazaki (injury)

The roster is really an embarrassment of riches.

It’s hard to see any main event level talent switching companies at this point for any reason unless they just aren’t happy with their role/creative or have a spouse in the other company.

I could potentially see some people in the tier below in AEW going over to NXT though due to lack of opportunities or lack of any real path toward moving up the card since most of the best talent in AEW still has a long time left in their career.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Kamille is All Elite, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select as learned.

Kamille has been a free agent since January 1. She recently stated on Twitter that she has been signed since February and Fightful Select has learned that the former NWA World Women's Champion is slated to join AEW, and is under contract with the company.

Kamille was the NWA World Women's Champion for a staggering 812 days and was a huge part of the promotion as it found its legs under Billy Corgan's ownership.

She had noted in the past that she had discussions with Shawn Michaels and WWE.

Tony Khan had stated on a media call prior to AEW Revolution that he considered Kamille to be a great free agent and noted that she was somebody the promotion had scouted believing her to be a good fit for the company.