2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this ruling holds up, courts might not thank too fondly of a clause that prevents someone from working for the competition for 90 days after being told their services are no longer needed.
Only people who have a big money deal lined up with another company would complain. 90 days to chill and heal some injuries and still collect a paycheck is not a bad deal. The only ones I could see complaining are people in the same position that FTR was when they got released. According to Dax, since they already met their downside for the year, they weren’t getting paid. In that case, they would probably have a winning case, however I think TKO would just fully release them instead of going to court.

Again the key is getting paid. You getting paid for 90 days, I’m about 98% sure TKO would win. If they are not getting paid, then I’m sure TKO would lose. With TKO wanting to cut cost, I can see a future where talent could be released sooner than 90 days if the talent requests it. Why carry a salary for 90 days if the talent doesn’t want it?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
thart private equity firm that came to buy TKO put the new talent relations guy in and hes gonna go through the wwe and nxt roster

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lets say he was told that, apparently a executive MIGHT think that since when it came to Logan Paul matches. Grimes was the one rehearsing them with him