2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Vinci has to know what time it is. As does Omos. MVP definitely ready to go back to retirement

• Dap
Reactions: Him

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Finn's best work was in Japan with Bullet Club

The judgement day gimmick? Not as good as his material from 10 years ago. However he's a talent that's better than most of the guys on the roster so of course you re-sign him, lol.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

WWE contracts in the mud? :ohhh:

Not yet.

1) FTC said it won't go into effect until mid-August
2) US Chamber of Commerce sued the FTC this morning and it's probably going to work its way through the courts, so I imagine that there might be an injunction put into place until it's resolved

Either way, congress has been working on bills to limit the scope of non-competes. The FTC just beat them to the punch.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Not yet.

1) FTC said it won't go into effect until mid-August
2) US Chamber of Commerce sued the FTC this morning and it's probably going to work its way through the courts, so I imagine that there might be an injunction put into place until it's resolved

Either way, congress has been working on bills to limit the scope of non-competes. The FTC just beat them to the punch.
It was also only meant for employees of a company....and both the WWE and AEW operate under the bullshyt independent contractors status on contracts still...

There was another clause in the ruling that if a company is still paying full wages during the non compete clause tenure that the ruling didn't apply to them....

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Does AEW even do non-competes? I'm pretty sure insiders were reporting that WWE could have signed Punk way sooner than they did.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Does AEW even do non-competes? I'm pretty sure insiders were reporting that WWE could have signed Punk way sooner than they did.
Considering that the only talent that AEW has released that got signed anywhere is Punk and Bea Priestly, I don't think anyone really knows since those two were picked up way after the fact....

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Only one I know of was Regal’s and that was only he can’t appear on TV for a year as a condition of getting to leave his contract early