2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Fightful with an Edge update

If Edge is to be believed, he’s now a free agent, and no longer in WWE.

Well before that, tons of talent within All Elite Wrestling and WWE were of the belief that Edge was heading to AEW when his deal was up. As far back as mid-August, there were AEW wrestlers who said they heard he was coming in, even before his last match. As recently as this past week, a veteran WWE talent said it was a “lock” that Edge was going to AEW.

Edge had claimed that all of this matches had been used up on his WWE deal and that it would be up on September 30. Edge was taken off internal active rosters, but remains on the WWE.com Smackdown roster. Those are often not updated until public statements are issued on departures.

One source that we spoke to does not believe that WWE owns exclusive licensing rights to Metalingus, as it appears on their One Day Remains album, but another said that there can be exclusive rights reached, though WWE likely never felt it necessary. However, they were quick to point out that the “You Think You Know Me” sample did originate in WWE, but could be re-recorded. WWE no longer has a license to Rob Zombie’s “Never Gonna Stop,” in which Edge used for quite some time. One source with knowledge of the situation said that they believe if Edge wanted to use almost any Alter Bridge song, that they’d probably all work to make it happen.

WWE does own the name Edge, and he’d not be able to use that any more.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Crazy times. Jade jumps ship to WWE and they roll out the red carpet for her. And why shouldn't they? :noah:

Edge jumps ship to AEW and Tony Khan pays for all the trademarks and music and shyt. :leon:

What's next?

Feel like wrestling needs a Woj or Shams. Meltzer and SRS are :flabbynsick:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Crazy times. Jade jumps ship to WWE and they roll out the red carpet for her. And why shouldn't they? :noah:

Edge jumps ship to AEW and Tony Khan pays for all the trademarks and music and shyt. :leon:

What's next?

Feel like wrestling needs a Woj or Shams. Meltzer and SRS are :flabbynsick:
Woj and Shams were looking like dirt sheet writers during that Lillard trade tho :skip:

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △

"Sometimes relationships just grow apart and I feel the WWE and I have just outgrown each other. I wanted to do more. They didn’t have much more for me to do."

Have a feeling you might be hearing this line (or variations of it) more when you see WWE "lifers" looking elsewhere.

Edge wanted to win the world title but Roman has that shyt on lock and I guess they didn’t want Seth dropping the title to Edge either.