2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you had no problem with Vince's business tactics in the 80s then?

Not comparable breh. Vince was predatory, encouraging guys to no show on their way out of their old territory to come to WWF, etc. There were also no talent contracts for what it's worth, so he was able to charm guys into breaking handshake deals.

Same with Vince making deals to "buy" territories and then reneging on the terms, payments, etc

I don't think that is what happened to ROH and NJPW via WWE nor now with AEW and NJPW.

If talent is available contractually, they're fair game. And if anything now, seems like both companies try to encourage talent to do business the right way on as they leave their previous company.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Not comparable breh. Vince was predatory, encouraging guys to no show on their way out of their old territory to come to WWF, etc. There were also no talent contracts for what it's worth, so he was able to charm guys into breaking handshake deals.

Same with Vince making deals to "buy" territories and then reneging on the terms, payments, etc

I don't think that is what happened to ROH and NJPW via WWE nor now with AEW and NJPW.

If talent is available contractually, they're fair game. And if anything now, seems like both companies try to encourage talent to do business the right way on as they leave their previous company.
WWE was contacting people under contract with AEW and trying to get them to break their contracts to come back to WWE.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Some of these guys in the TSC just need to admit to being stans. At least Cattle don't hide it but these dudes are basically saying TK shouldn't pay wrestlers what they are worth.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Swerve said it himself. He said Triple H would ignore him whenever Swerve was in NXT. It took HBK, Regal and Stephanie to go to bat for him before Triple H finally gave him a push.
Yeah I remember him saying that. He talked about the difference between Hunter and Shawn when it came to booking.

Hunter was very conservative and liked to push his guys, really hesitant to push others unless challenged to do so (like Swerve). Whereas Shawn put made it a point to push the younger guy and make them bigger names before they get called up.

Basically Triple H was great for an upper echelon indy type promotion, whereas HBK is suited for a developmental program. Which is why he's perfect for the current iteration of NXT

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Jay White could have had a Seth Rollins type arc in WWE but who can blame these guys for taking the guaranteed money?

In WWE, if you are Jay White, you are likely starting in NXT on a developmental contract. Yeah, they'll bump you up to the maximum pay scale pretty quickly and in a year you'll be on the main roster but then all bets are off. It comes down to how you get over and the booking.

With AEW, it doesn't matter if he's booked well or gets over because TK already paid him the money upfront.
I do wonder how much of the reported/rumored "hiring freeze" that was reported played into Jay White's decision.

That being said, Jay White would have been fine either way because he has youth on his side. He was only 30 when he signed with AEW. So when his contract is up he'll only be 33-35. If he wants to make the jump to WWE, he'll still be young enough to do so

I honestly would have done the opposite if I was Switchblade. He'd make less money upfront, but he'd have the potential to make much more in the long run if he gets over. Which I believe he would because WWE needs more top heels, and he'd fit the role perfectly. And even if it didn't work out, he could go to AEW afterwards and still make alot of money anyways. They'd accept him and say "WWE fumbled him, he didn't belong there!" :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I do wonder how much of the reported/rumored "hiring freeze" that was reported played into Jay White's decision.

That being said, Jay White would have been fine either way because he has youth on his side. He was only 30 when he signed with AEW. So when his contract is up he'll only be 33-35. If he wants to make the jump to WWE, he'll still be young enough to do so

I honestly would have done the opposite if I was Switchblade. He'd make less money upfront, but he'd have the potential to make much more in the long run if he gets over. Which I believe he would because WWE needs more top heels, and he'd fit the role perfectly. And even if it didn't work out, he could go to AEW afterwards and still make alot of money anyways. They'd accept him and say "WWE fumbled him, he didn't belong there!" :manny:
Think it was Vince’s crazy ass more than anything. Same reason Cole left.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

i actually believe that because of when they resigned and joined plus Rousey was being paid way outta proportion. If she was being offered less than them with a contract up, thats a different story then.

EDIT: if they're talking about a contract discussion currently, i don't even believe the story.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

"I don't know her actual money demands, but I know in a general what she was looking for from WWE, and it was kinda in the range, and for a star of her caliber, while it would be a little bit more than WWE would be paying her, what she was looking for, maybe even more than a little bit more, but it was not more than they pay other women, and she was one of their bigger stars."

She signed in 2018, extended in 2019(fightful) before returning from her post WrestleMania hiatus

Where does the report mention Liv Morgan and nia Jax? Unless it was in the whole episode

Again.. this is Dave Meltzer saying this. And he started this off by saying " I don't know"...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i actually believe that because of when they resigned and joined plus Rousey was being paid way outta proportion. If she was being offered less than them with a contract up, thats a different story then.

EDIT: if they're talking about a contract discussion currently, i don't even believe the story.

I saw a rumor that she asked to be paid as much as Charlotte and Becky and they wouldn't budge so she went back to Tony Khan and he paid her.

Everyone can hate AEW all they want but it's great for the talent that the money mark exists.

Also, it's very :mjpls: to not pay Sasha Banks as much as Becky and Charlotte when she's more popular than they are or at least arguable.