2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
One company pays top dollar for older stars that are beginning to break down as all of their company metrics are down, hampered by bad booking
The other company pays decently for underutilized younger talent and made them stars as all of their company metrics are up, buoyed by good booking

Have I seen this story somewhere before?
:jbhmm:

Tony please don't blow all of your allowance chasing the wrassler equivalent of collector's edition vintage action figures, I need AEW to stick around for as long as possible. Shad's pockets may be deep as fukk but they're not infinite. You don't get that rich by being stupid with money.
:snoop:

Which younger stars are being pushed at WWE now? Every popular guy is a 30 Plus years old and plus getting paid 50k in Orlando FL isn't exactly "decent pay".

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Which younger stars are being pushed at WWE now? Every popular guy is a 30 Plus years old and plus getting paid 50k in Orlando FL isn't exactly "decent pay".
I use decent pay regarding the fact that the company isn't paying significantly more for them than they are worth to the company. I think Mercedes is the only person TK has signed that will come close to justifying her salary.

I mean... is someone like a Cody not younger than someone like Edge and not breaking down physically like an Ospreay/Omega?
Jade is being brought up the right way and she's going to pay dividends
Lexis King gets on tv more than every few months and has a quality role (ie, not underutilized), is also being trained properly

Someone doesn't need to be pushed to the top of the card to be utilized properly. Just given sufficient time that is commensurate with their skills and the financial investment.

Again, even though AEW isn't my flavor of wrasslin, I want them to succeed, it's just better for everyone not on the WWE board when there's competition and if people don't start getting real with TK about his moves the money WILL eventually run out.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I use decent pay regarding the fact that the company isn't paying significantly more for them than they are worth to the company. I think Mercedes is the only person TK has signed that will come close to justifying her salary.

I mean... is someone like a Cody not younger than someone like Edge and not breaking down physically like an Ospreay/Omega?
Lexis King gets on tv more than every few months and has a quality role (ie, not underutilized), is also being trained properly

Someone doesn't need to be pushed to the top of the card to be utilized properly. Just given sufficient time that is commensurate with their skills and the financial investment.

Again, even though AEW isn't my flavor of wrasslin, I want them to succeed, it's just better for everyone not on the WWE board when there's competition and if people don't start getting real with TK about his moves the money WILL eventually run out.

Oh, I'm not fighting you I'm just saying you're using your own feelings with this because Jade ain't even wrestle yet and and Lexis King is getting the same time he was getting in 22-23. I know the word "star" likes to get thrown around but when was the last time other than bianca and merc get any type of attention or push? At least people knew Jade from AEW./

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Can we include NXT?
Only mentioning main event level talent

Carmelo Hayes
Trick Williams
Bron Breakker
Oba Femi

All under 30.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Oh, I'm not fighting you I'm just saying you're using your own feelings with this because Jade ain't even wrestle yet and and Lexis King is getting the same time he was getting in 22-23. I know the word "star" likes to get thrown around but when was the last time other than bianca and merc get any type of attention or push? At least people knew Jade from AEW./
Fair enough, I was only a sporadic viewer of any wrasslin product for years up until Vince initially stepped down.

I personally don't think after seeing Jade in a Superbowl commercial it's much of a stretch to see that she will pay off for WWE with even just a passable level of in-ring ability. WWE for all their flaws, can take just about anyone with strong charisma and get a strong ROI out of them if they chose to do so. I think we can all agree Jade fits that bill.

Nevertheless, we're splitting hairs. The overall operating principles between 98 WCW and current AEW are still troublingly similar. I just want TK to fix this shyt before he gets to 00-01 WCW levels.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Can we include NXT?
Only mentioning main event level talent

Carmelo Hayes
Trick Williams
Bron Breakker
Oba Femi

All under 30.
Pushing them in NXT and getting a push in WWE is a different ball game. Only time would tell with those guys but tbh Trick, Bron, and Melo but what has the main roster really do to push non white wrestlers?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Lexis King? Dude is mid even in NXT. They didn't even let him last four minutes in the semifinals of the NXT Breakout tournament :mjlol:

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Dang more cope for a fan base that's supposed to be normal and casual. I though Okada and Sasha didn't matter but now wrestlers are getting paid too much :russ:. I don't even remember those AEW accounts going this hard when punk left.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Dang more cope for a fan base that's supposed to be normal and casual. I though Okada and Sasha didn't matter but now wrestlers are getting paid too much :russ:. I don't even remember those AEW accounts going this hard when punk left.

Report was WWE was like "we'll offer Okada less and if he wants to come to WWE then he'll come to WWE." That shyt isn't going to fly anymore. AEW willing to offer as much or more money for less work and without having to move to Florida to work that NXT house show circuit at armories and rec centers and shyt.

Imagine the Lakers negotiating with a top free agent and being like "We're going to offer him less money than the Rockets even though we can afford to match the Rockets, and if he wants to be a Laker then he'll come to LA"

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Imagine the Lakers negotiating with a top free agent and being like "We're going to offer him less money than the Rockets even though we can afford to match the Rockets, and if he wants to be a Laker then he'll come to LA"

That happens all the time during buy-out season and vets that are chasing rings. May want to come up with a different example.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Report was WWE was like "well offer Okada less and if he wants to come to WWE then he'll come to WWE." That shyt isn't going to fly anymore. AEW willing to offer as much or more money for less work and without having to move to Florida to work that NXT house show circuit at armories and rec centers and shyt.

Well people keep using this "star" and better booking thing when these people got futures to worry about and families to feed. Plus the WWE are currently embattled in sexual assault charges by the former CEO and chairman. DId people forget why Banks and Noami left in the first place :mjpls:. Not saying AEW is the better people when it comes to women and race but at least it seems like TK is willing to give black wrestlers more TV time and main PPV booking than WWE we just need more of them. Maybe Jade would change Trips mind and allow more wrestlers that don't look like Liz Morgan an chance :francis:. I just wish people would admit to be bias and keep it moving instead of going on the internet to mimic Jim Cornettes personality for nothing.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
That happens all the time during buy-out season and vets that are chasing rings. May want to come up with a different example.
Ring chasing vets typically aren't in their prime anymore nor are they typically top free agents from a productivity standpoint anymore though.