2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
That’s some stan shyt right there. :mjlol:

E is doing fine. They don’t need anyone.
nikka shut up

Wrestling fans act like you can’t Stan shyt for some reason and it’s so stupid

Of course I wanted to be selfish by seeing a bunch of match ups I thought I’d never see

How dare I want to see Okada vs roman

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Okada should be treated like a Brock-style special attraction. Don't waste him on bullshyt random matches with midcarders or friendship feuds.

Just treat like him like he's the barometer.

And keep Jericho's fat rapist ass away from him. :scust:

You know that fat mess is dusting off his Painmaker costume as we speak

Hangman, Swerve, Joe, MJF, Jay White, Ospreay, Omega when healthy, Mox, Claudio, Danielson if he's still active. I can't think of anyone else that Okada should be involved with. Maybe that championship midcard range of Christian, Kingston, OC, Copeland and to a lesser extent Garcia but even still thats pushing it and a last resort thing. That top ten is likely enough, other 5 not really unless booked really well. He def should be limited to his matches to ppv and big events only like winter is coming, the arthur ashe show, blood and guts, etc.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okada should be treated like a Brock-style special attraction. Don't waste him on bullshyt random matches with midcarders or friendship feuds.

Just treat like him like he's the barometer.

And keep Jericho's fat rapist ass away from him. :scust:

You know that fat mess is dusting off his Painmaker costume as we speak
You mean he shouldn't go out and beat Lee Moriarty, Daniel Garcia, Dante Martin and Rocky Romero first like Moxley, Punk, Danielson, Edge etc :gladbron:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm thinking at least 900K. If not they are flops on arrival. I know TK is going for a "surprise" debut for Mercedes like he did for Punk. However, the product is cold, and he should get her name out and grab some WWE fans that may not have seen her since she left the Fed in 2022.
I don't think Mercedes is gonna be a relevant ratings mover. I think her strength is selling tickets, which she has already shown she can do.

The problem is that with TK's booking, that drawing power will be reduced very quickly so they better hope they can gain some momentum in March with Sting's last match, which will be a big PPV for them in every possible way, and all the new signings arriving.

The bad news for AEW is that while March will be big for them, it will coincide with the Rock/Roman/Cody buid up that has everyone buzzing already.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
One company pays top dollar for older stars that are beginning to break down as all of their company metrics are down, hampered by bad booking
The other company pays decently for underutilized younger talent and made them stars as all of their company metrics are up, buoyed by good booking

Have I seen this story somewhere before?
:jbhmm:

Tony please don't blow all of your allowance chasing the wrassler equivalent of collector's edition vintage action figures, I need AEW to stick around for as long as possible. Shad's pockets may be deep as fukk but they're not infinite. You don't get that rich by being stupid with money.
:snoop:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
One company pays top dollar for older stars that are beginning to break down as all of their company metrics are down, hampered by bad booking
The other company pays decently for underutilized younger talent and made them stars as all of their company metrics are up, buoyed by good booking

Have I seen this story somewhere before?
:jbhmm:

Tony please don't blow all of your allowance chasing the wrassler equivalent of collector's edition vintage action figures, I need AEW to stick around for as long as possible. Shad's pockets may be deep as fukk but they're not infinite. You don't get that rich by being stupid with money.
:snoop:
Didn't WWE just pay for CM Punk only to have him tear his other triceps after one televised match, his third length injury in two years?
And are likely to re-sign Seth Rollins who is perpetually injured?

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Didn't WWE just pay for CM Punk only to have him tear his other triceps after one televised match, his third length injury in two years?

perpetually injured? He missed time in 2015 with a torn ACL/MCL and hasn't missed significant time since other than what looks like will only be a 2 month absence for this one

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
And I'm sure you can go back to 1998 and find similar edge cases there too, doesn't change the larger point and you know it.

Spending that money on Punk, who also has still has enormous value even when he's hurt because he can talk and moves ratings and merch at a level that none of TK's signees are remotely capable of doing further highlights how feckless your response is.

Last edited: