2022 MLB Off-Season Hot Stove thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I guess Rodon’s not going back to SF, hard to see them spending $500 million in contracts in one offseason.
the giants have cut a lot of payroll, i think they could sign him if they want. a long term deal for him could be disatrous

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Knew that Correa contract would be horrific. I just don't understand why these teams give crazy money to non-superstars.

This "premium position" madness has to stop at some point.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Knew that Correa contract would be horrific. I just don't understand why these teams give crazy money to non-superstars.

This "premium position" madness has to stop at some point.

That contract is gonna look like shyt in 6 years unless Correa is bringing that wireless real-time in game cheating technology with him so those Silicon Valley nerds can improve it with a smaller microchip.

This Correa deal isn’t exactly an “answer” to not getting Judge and the Giants are just spending crazy $ like the Mets, Yanks, Dodgers, Rangers and Padres. But hey, I guess it makes the NL West even more watchable

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Don't blame these players for taking these crazy long term deals but damn Pads and Giants just throwing away money. Xander probably on the down side of his career and I could see Correa having 3 or 4 bounce back years then fading after that.
:mjlol: It’s wraps for him. Xander should be straight, but even 11 for him is :mjlol:

khross415

All Star
Daps
Giants dont even have money on the books in 2 years , they are gonna have to overpay for stars and they are still trying to sign Rodon. :yeshrug: this doesnt prevent them for future moves so have at it and get talent in here

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
these mega deals are just terrible. Contract length caps would honestly be nice, a 13 year deal considering these players go through rookie contracts and arbitration until they are damn near 30 is silly. Something has to give. Those Turner & Correa contracts are gonna be so ugly sooner than later