2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The term might've been made up by the media, but people always have voted strategically. Not really realistic to expect otherwise.

Whether this strategy pays off is a different story (I'm not saying it always does) but fear of losing the general election is always going to be the biggest factor in a primary. People don't like risk. :yeshrug:
It doesn’t work. Black people been voting strategically since the voting rights act passed and we haven’t seen shyt improve.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not like there was a global pandemic or anything going on. :francis:
No shyt? :ohhh:

It’s almost like you read my post and agreed that there was a pandemic that prevented a presidential candidate from campaigning.

Anyway, the point that I am grateful that @AquaCityBoy agreed with me is that Biden was made the nominee without having connecting with the people. He won one primary and that was it. Because of that, people never connected with him and got to know him. He never had the chance to do stump speeches and see what people responded too. He… never had to engage with voters and was never popular for being Joe Biden. He just wasn’t trump.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
No shyt? :ohhh:

It’s almost like you read my post and agreed that there was a pandemic that prevented a presidential candidate from campaigning.

Anyway, the point that I am grateful that @AquaCityBoy agreed with me is that Biden was made the nominee without having connecting with the people. He won one primary and that was it. Because of that, people never connected with him and got to know him. He never had the chance to do stump speeches and see what people responded too. He… never had to engage with voters and was never popular for being Joe Biden. He just wasn’t trump.

What democrat candidate truly engaged with voters or did a bunch of stump speeches? That's a disingenuous argument given that the pandemic altered how everyone campaigned. And at the end of the day...he won the primary in convincing fashion, crying about that is a waste of time. The most electable person won, and then beat Trump while expanding the electoral map. It worked. And was a good thing, given that removing Trump was a civic duty.

My problem is that after the first covid bill passed, these guys basically did nothing for a long time. Infrastructure bill passed, then the disasterous Afghanistan pullout (which I supported and still dap Biden for btw)...and ever since that summer day virtually nothing has been accomplished. Some will say he deserves credit for the impressive vaccine rollout, but clearly no one is giving him props for that. I've said it before but no one celebrates when a plumber does his job. You're expected to just get it done so people can go about their daily business. Same applied here.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What democrat candidate truly engaged with voters or did a bunch of stump speeches? That's a disingenuous argument given that the pandemic altered how everyone campaigned. And at the end of the day...he won the primary in convincing fashion, crying about that is a waste of time. The most electable person won, and then beat Trump while expanding the electoral map. It worked. And was a good thing, given that removing Trump was a civic duty.

My problem is that after the first covid bill passed, these guys basically did nothing for a long time. Infrastructure bill passed, then the disasterous Afghanistan pullout (which I supported and still dap Biden for btw)...and ever since that summer day virtually nothing has been accomplished. Some will say he deserves credit for the impressive vaccine rollout, but clearly no one is giving him props for that. I've said it before but no one celebrates when a plumber does his job. You're expected to just get it done so people can go about their daily business. Same applied here.

Overall I agree

As far as the bolded he's actually accomplished more... I'm not sure why people feel the need to do this when posting from a computer and we have threads on what this admin has achieved

I know teeing off on Biden and Kamala is edgy and fun and all but lettuce be frank and honest with friends, Fred.

Not for nothing but we just had one of the most openly fascist, corrupt, inept, and criminal administrations in our history that attempted a coup.... I don't think plumber analogies are appropriate.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This is the part of an HL dialogue where one of the geniuses takes a piece of a post and argues against that to obscure from the point.

My point isn’t if another candidate would win the primary. My point is the people never got to connect with Biden and Biden never got to connect with the people. Biden stopped campaigning. And if you haven’t noticed, he still isn’t campaigning for the things you are frustrated he isn’t passing.

[QUOTE="Piff Perkins, post: 44378415, member: 3047"My problem is that after the first covid bill passed, these guys basically did nothing for a long time. Infrastructure bill passed, then the disasterous Afghanistan pullout (which I supported and still dap Biden for btw)...and ever since that summer day virtually nothing has been accomplished. Some will say he deserves credit for the impressive vaccine rollout, but clearly no one is giving him props for that. I've said it before but no one celebrates when a plumber does his job. You're expected to just get it done so people can go about their daily business. Same applied here.[/QUOTE]
They passed an infrastructure bill. How much that will help common Americans, we will see, but it passed.

But more than anything, Biden don’t have contact with most Americans.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah I'm sure that's what you really meant which is why you didn't mention it at all in your post. :francis:
Yeah, that is what my post suggested. I didn’t blame Biden for not campaigning during a global pandemic and he being 100. :heh:

I said he didn’t campaign and doesn’t know voters that well and voters don’t know him that well. It was more me saying it’s an opportunity lost as opposed to Biden needed to go out to 15,000 seat arenas and talk to voters.

People weren’t excited to vote for Biden.

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is the part of an HL dialogue where one of the geniuses takes a piece of a post and argues against that to obscure from the point.

My point isn’t if another candidate would win the primary. My point is the people never got to connect with Biden and Biden never got to connect with the people. Biden stopped campaigning. And if you haven’t noticed, he still isn’t campaigning for the things you are frustrated he isn’t passing.

He was VP for 8 years and in congress for god knows how long. He did campaign but it was reduced due to the pandemic. Biden connected with new people and people knew who Biden was. That's how he was able to win the primary.

:deadmanny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Biden connected with new people and people knew who Biden was. That's how he was able to win the primary.
He won the primary thanks to the Obama phone calls. The primary election didn’t end in March.

But my point is he didn’t have to campaign for seven months, and no one got excited to vote for him due to the lack of connection. And I’m wondering if that’s hurting him now since he isn’t outwardly fighting for his agenda.

Last edited: