2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I am still mad that Mandela didn't win, tho.

Consulting money put to good use. :francis:

I don't like this argument. Barnes ran nearly 4% behind Evers, who won re-election as governor in Wisconsin. To me that's not a money problem, that's a candidate problem. Similar to Walker running behind Kemp, or Stacy Abrams running behind Warnock. Barnes had been marred in debate and bullshyt over the "defund the police" stuff and it hurt. I suspect a safer candidate would have won

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Mainstream media is being blindsided by all of this because their polling is mostly from the boomer generation and the headlines that give them the most ratings

I can't tell you how silly most of the people on CNN and Fox look acting surprised when they seemed sure a red tsunami was coming so much to the point even joe Rogan who doesn't watch news believed this narrative

Start polling younger people and stop polling with an agenda
Polls been wrong for the last 6 years

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
We gotta stop trusting some of these polls, either that or they need to be recalibrated for over sampling.

This is crazy

They use a lot of historical data and statistical modeling to come up with a probability. She won in a heavily R district, the probability makes sense.

Her opponent is a crazy white supremacist and probably turned off a large amount of voters.

With a normal candidate, she probably doesn't win.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In defense of the media, historically the midterms are a referendum on the current president, and Biden's approval ratings are historically low, which usually spells disaster for the party in power.

What they didn't account for was that some of those low approvals were from Democrats who actually wanted to see him do more, but still wouldn't vote for a Republican in this current state of the party.

They also severely overestimated how much gas and inflation would hurt the Dems considering they're worldwide issues. They also severely underestimated how much abortion and democracy would play into the midterms. Every single anti-abortion ballot measure has failed, even in red states, and every election-denying SoS candidate in the swing states lost.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Where are the Nevada votes? Clark County was supposed to have a drop over an hour ago. :why:
Need those fukking votes ASAP.

giphy.gif

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Ah there you go :ahh:

The blame progressives enthusiast is here. I know you've been itching to get that outta your system.

This party is going further to the left in the future with gen z. Get in the car loser, we're going the progressive route and you're going to like it :mjgrin: :umad:

Y’all said that shyt in 2016 and 2020 too

:russ: