2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
So many people praised that clown Cuomo
I couldn't believe what I was hearing during COVID, all because he used PowerPoint and talked slick.

And people still didn't learn anything from that, now they're hoping Gavin Newsom and Pete Buttigieg run for President. A guy straight out of American Psycho casting call and an industry plant, like winning elections is just based on looks and optics.

I'm hoping Democratic Party learned more from this election than some posters on here. The reason voters were so energized and young people turned out in such big numbers wasn't because of personal popularity or speaking prowess but because people saw things given to them and taken away from them.

Student loan debt forgiveness, marijuana reform, even IRA to some extent, along with Roe v Wade were reasons for the turnout. And the reason Democrats had control of Senate to begin with was because of the promised $2000* stimulus.

Hopefully Dems understand this and go all out with their final Reconciliation Bill and then afterwards keep sending bills to House for Republicans to reject. But just relying on egomaniacal scumbags with slicked back haircut is not a winning strategy.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
in fairness to Trump.. he had some ideas. Mostly insane and terrible but that was more than any establishment Repub :mjlol:

Trump was out in the Rust Belt selling lies to blue collar people... guess that counts too :ld:
Trump brought to fruition what they had been dikk teasing Conservatives for decades about with the Supreme Court.

The fact one of their first major moves probably cratered the Republicans should give the Heritage Foundation/Federalist Society types pause…but I doubt it.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Republicans don't even have an agenda, so it's not surprising that gen z is breaking for dems in masses. One side at least tries to make your life easier, the other is just anti whatever the dems do lol. Make America 1920s again aint selling anymore.
Nearly 2 decades of pure overt obstructionist politics leading right to where they were using those tactics to escape … the fukking gutter :francis:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I couldn't believe what I was hearing during COVID, all because he used PowerPoint and talked slick.

And people still didn't learn anything from that, now they're hoping Gavin Newsom and Pete Buttigieg run for President. A guy straight out of American Psycho casting call and an industry plant, like winning elections is just based on looks and optics.

I'm hoping Democratic Party learned more from this election than some posters on here. The reason voters were so energized and young people turned out in such big numbers wasn't because of personal popularity or speaking prowess but because people saw things given to them and taken away from them.

Student loan debt forgiveness, marijuana reform, even IRA to some extent, along with Roe v Wade were reasons for the turnout. And the reason Democrats had control of Senate to begin with was because of the promised $2000* stimulus.

Hopefully Dems understand this and go all out with their final Reconciliation Bill and then afterwards keep sending bills to House for Republicans to reject. But just relying on egomaniacal scumbags with slicked back haircut is not a winning strategy.
You would hope so. Giving people things work.