2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Bigger L would have been stacking up a few more Senate seats. :francis:

I don't think people realize how ugly the Senate picture is looking the next couple of cycles. In 2024 the Dems have to defend 23 senate seats, the Republicans only have to defend 10. Seats the democrats are defending include Joe Manchin in West Virginia as well as seats in Arizona, Montana, Nevada, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Maine. Meanwhile, the most flippable seat the Republicans have to defend is.....Texas? Florida?

Being stuck at 50 right now would be terrible, because it basically means that if Joe Manchin doesn't run for reelection (or switches to the Republicans, or loses his election), then the Democrats just about automatically lose the Senate in 2024. Even if they hit 51, that would mean if Manchin leaves then they have to go 8 for 8 in holding onto the battleground states (and will Tester run again in Montana? Could be fukked there too.) Even if they get 51 and Manchin holds his seat, they still can only lose 1 of those 8 battlegrounds.

So it's virtually impossible for the Democrats to pick up Senate seats in 2024, and there's a dozen different combinations that could have them losing the Senate altogether. Which either means total gridlock if Dems still squeak out the White House, or Desantis with Senate power.

2026 isn't much better. Dems have to defend in Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Georgia, Virginia, and New Hampshire. Republicans have to defend in Montana, Maine, North Carolina....and I guess Iowa? Hopefully 4 more years of demographic shift will make that year a fairer fight, but if they fall behind in 2024 then it will still be a very tough road to get it back in 2026.
Keep Trump on the ballot with repugs and trust Dems will hold those 23 seats and more :mjgrin:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Bigger L would have been stacking up a few more Senate seats. :francis:

I don't think people realize how ugly the Senate picture is looking the next couple of cycles. In 2024 the Dems have to defend 23 senate seats, the Republicans only have to defend 10. Seats the democrats are defending include Joe Manchin in West Virginia as well as seats in Arizona, Montana, Nevada, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Maine. Meanwhile, the most flippable seat the Republicans have to defend is.....Texas? Florida?

Being stuck at 50 right now would be terrible, because it basically means that if Joe Manchin doesn't run for reelection (or switches to the Republicans, or loses his election), then the Democrats just about automatically lose the Senate in 2024. Even if they hit 51, that would mean if Manchin leaves then they have to go 8 for 8 in holding onto the battleground states (and will Tester run again in Montana? Could be fukked there too.) Even if they get 51 and Manchin holds his seat, they still can only lose 1 of those 8 battlegrounds.

So it's virtually impossible for the Democrats to pick up Senate seats in 2024, and there's a dozen different combinations that could have them losing the Senate altogether. Which either means total gridlock if Dems still squeak out the White House, or Desantis with Senate power.

2026 isn't much better. Dems have to defend in Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Georgia, Virginia, and New Hampshire. Republicans have to defend in Montana, Maine, North Carolina....and I guess Iowa? Hopefully 4 more years of demographic shift will make that year a fairer fight, but if they fall behind in 2024 then it will still be a very tough road to get it back in 2026.
What over the past 2 cycles leads you to believe Republicans can put forth competent candidates to unseat these senate democrats aside from “vibes”

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Need to get him the fukk outta NYC wtf

The crime narrative got his goofy ass in, he so busy being everywhere he ain’t doing his job. I pray we get a good challenger :francis: Garcia would’ve been such a great mayor.

Probably not a bad idea if he wants to stay as mayor. :manny:
Meanwhile his cops out here wildin, speeding and running over civilians.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
At this stage Dems do have a lot of momentum and GOP are dumb as hell but i got the GOP with a slim margin in the house and Dems control the Senate.

unfortunately there's still too much for the Dems to overcome. i got GOP with single digit control

When u gonna give me my flowers @BigMoneyGrip im closer than any pollster's tweets that were posted here :whew:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

GOP saw that kentucky wanted to keep abortions legal , and they pretty much said
EnchantingDaringAltiplanochinchillamouse-max-1mb.gif

It’s hilarious how they double down on the shyt that got them in this situation in the first place