2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
If dems hold by 1 seat it kills republicans' entire plan to hold the economy hostage in exchange for social security/Medicaid cuts. Assuming dems keep the senate it also allows Biden to get some more reconciliation bills passed.
These fukkers really wanna gut the social security?

:wtf:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

GOP saw that kentucky wanted to keep abortions legal , and they pretty much said
EnchantingDaringAltiplanochinchillamouse-max-1mb.gif

elect officials who still say fukk you even after you exercise your right to vote, kentucky brehs :dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Plus I think it would stop most of the dumb ass investigations about Hunter Biden or impeachment attempts or whatever BS they were planning on

Not getting my hopes up but if Dems actually keep the House :deadrose: couldn't ask for a bigger GOP L

Bigger L would have been stacking up a few more Senate seats. :francis:

I don't think people realize how ugly the Senate picture is looking the next couple of cycles. In 2024 the Dems have to defend 23 senate seats, the Republicans only have to defend 10. Seats the democrats are defending include Joe Manchin in West Virginia as well as seats in Arizona, Montana, Nevada, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Maine. Meanwhile, the most flippable seat the Republicans have to defend is.....Texas? Florida?

Being stuck at 50 right now would be terrible, because it basically means that if Joe Manchin doesn't run for reelection (or switches to the Republicans, or loses his election), then the Democrats just about automatically lose the Senate in 2024. Even if they hit 51, that would mean if Manchin leaves then they have to go 8 for 8 in holding onto the battleground states (and will Tester run again in Montana? Could be fukked there too.) Even if they get 51 and Manchin holds his seat, they still can only lose 1 of those 8 battlegrounds.

So it's virtually impossible for the Democrats to pick up Senate seats in 2024, and there's a dozen different combinations that could have them losing the Senate altogether. Which either means total gridlock if Dems still squeak out the White House, or Desantis with Senate power.

2026 isn't much better. Dems have to defend in Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Georgia, Virginia, and New Hampshire. Republicans have to defend in Montana, Maine, North Carolina....and I guess Iowa? Hopefully 4 more years of demographic shift will make that year a fairer fight, but if they fall behind in 2024 then it will still be a very tough road to get it back in 2026.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I remember how much John Boehner was relieved to be leaving the Speaker role when the Tea Party took hold, and Paul Ryan as well was relieved when he didn't have to answer for those guys. Now if the Republicans do win the House, Kevin McCarthy or whomever, I don't think they will like this role of having to appeal to a split party.

It brings back memories of that one guy who was ready to give a blowjob to get water for FyreFest.

Sure it won't be sexual, but that feeling of being in power... but not being in power, having people screaming in your ear.

I bet some GOP who are in it for the money, just hope their party doesn't win the thing now since it won't be a big majority but rather a few seats. Plus after the Pelosi family attack, they know they could be targets.

Andy-King.gif

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

I don't think people realize how ugly the Senate picture is looking the next couple of cycles. In 2024 the Dems have to defend 23 senate seats, the Republicans only have to defend 10. Seats the democrats are defending include Joe Manchin in West Virginia as well as seats in Arizona, Montana, Nevada, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Maine. Meanwhile, the most flippable seat the Republicans have to defend is.....Texas? Florida?

Being stuck at 50 right now would be terrible, because it basically means that if Joe Manchin doesn't run for reelection (or switches to the Republicans, or loses his election), then the Democrats just about automatically lose the Senate in 2024. Even if they hit 51, that would mean if Manchin leaves then they have to go 8 for 8 in holding onto the battleground states (and will Tester run again in Montana? Could be fukked there too.) Even if they get 51 and Manchin holds his seat, they still can only lose 1 of those 8 battlegrounds.

So it's virtually impossible for the Democrats to pick up Senate seats in 2024, and there's a dozen different combinations that could have them losing the Senate altogether. Which either means total gridlock if Dems still squeak out the White House, or Desantis with Senate power.

2026 isn't much better. Dems have to defend in Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Georgia, Virginia, and New Hampshire. Republicans have to defend in Montana, Maine, North Carolina....and I guess Iowa? Hopefully 4 more years of demographic shift will make that year a fairer fight, but if they fall behind in 2024 then it will still be a very tough road to get it back in 2026.

full
I think I may be of service. I got this cool voter suppression tactic that works well.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

gonna have to start some grassroots to get DC to become a state or base the number of senators on population cause other than that we ass out

but also at the same time, everybody thought the GQP had this in the bag and they delivered the most pitiful showing we've seen in a while (and thats with gerrymandered maps) so like a wise man said, thats why you play the game. who knows what the political climate and or hot topics will be at that time