2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

If this and the Clark County batch numbers hold I think she pulls it out. Incredibly closely, but I think she does it.

CCM and Kelly in AZ would give the Dems a 51-49 lead since Dems gain 1 with the PA seat… GA wouldn’t matter if Walker wins then it would be a 50/50 senate… Warnock win will be 52-48 thus making Manchin and Senima stupid asses irrelevant

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
CCM and Kelly in AZ would give the Dems a 51-49 lead since Dems gain 1 with the PA seat… GA wouldn’t matter if Walker wins then it would be a 50/50 senate… Warnock win will be 52-48 thus making Manchin and Senima stupid asses irrelevant
Sad that we lost the house but with the razor thin minority placement its gonna be possible for Joe to flex on the more centrist republicans
They have a shot at getting the republicans to actually do shyt because of the power struggle within the GOP house

Senate majority means sinema and manchin reign of terror is finally over

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So far we've learned that targeting new/first time voters is vital in addressing turnout issues. And it has the added benefit of grooming the younger generations into habitual voting.
Absolute facts and I am gonna be better about it myself going forward. I voted in the General but looking back, I should have done the primary as well. Hopefully it becomes extremely obvious to folks that there are things that we absolutely want, but we can't also let political terrorists play on our grievances. Something as simple as nixing Roe has been in the works for 50 years and the backlash was pretty immediate. Sucks the House flipped but at the very least, there won't be more nuts in positions of power this go round.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Sununu has also been pretty bulletproof against Cheeto Mussolini up here in NH. Our republicans lean pretty moderate and he knows not to rock that boat by entertaining the GOP carnival shyt

New england republicans are mostly reasonable because of their environment which is amusing because they must know trumps bluster is an act. No Republicans around here act like him other than vince
Midterms are usually a bloodbath for the party in power. During Obama's first midterm dems lost around 60 seats and during Trump's only midterm repubs lost over 40 seats. The fact they might only lose a few seats, or even possibly sneak out a win is a miracle to say the least.

My theory on 2024 is Trump runs, goes scorched earth on DeSantis to the point that he's splinters the party for good.
I still dont believe they both run. It's one or the other
I would think Warnock will win the runoff comfortably. Walker benefitted from Kemp voters who just checked off republican across the board. But without other Republicans to bring voters to the polls, are white georgia republicans really going to be all that enthusiastic to vote solely for Herschel Walker's behalf?

It all comes down to turnout though - Warnock has to work his ass off to get his voters out there too.
Many kemp.voters voted warnock though and may not show up again
Who will Chase Oliver people vote for in the runoff?

That's going to decide which party control the Senate.
They wont show up. Obvious protest vote. If they do they lean Walker

When even Candace Owens turns against you, we know Trump is done.

Shapiro and other right wing "intellects" are pro desantis. Hence the media shift

jahanna held on :blessed:

I got a barbershop anecdote against Logan making me know he would lose..aside from.eversource being toxic here. This is my district. It leans more red now because they got rid of the 6th district. Hayes underperformed most other dems in the state. Wonder if Kamala is that toxic or if it was because we took in Litchfield county

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Sad that we lost the house but with the razor thin minority placement its gonna be possible for Joe to flex on the more centrist republicans
They have a shot at getting the republicans to actually do shyt because of the power struggle within the GOP house

Senate majority means sinema and manchin reign of terror is finally over
We didn’t lose the house yet bro

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ryan Zinke might get a seat in congress again? Are you fukking kidding me?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are our chances of holding the house? I'm hearing we may have a small chance holding it?