2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I don't understand why run-offs are done in Georgia races to begin with. Maybe someone can educate me on this.
its because of historically racist electoral laws

In 1963, state representative Denmark Groover from Macon introduced a proposal to apply majority-vote, runoff election rules to all local, state, and federal offices. A staunch segregationist, Groover’s hostility to black voting was reinforced by personal experience. Having served as a state representative in the early 1950s, Groover was defeated for election to the House in 1958. The Macon politico blamed his loss on “Negro bloc voting.” He carried the white vote, but his opponent triumphed by garnering black ballots by a five-to-one margin.

Groover soon devised a way to challenge growing black political strength. Elected to the House again in 1962, he led the fight to enact a majority vote, runoff rule for all county and state contests in both primary and general elections. Until 1963, plurality voting was widely used in Georgia county elections...

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I live in Ohio and they’ve been running this weird ad with a self proclaimed conservative who doesn’t like JD and feels Tim Ryan “isn’t that liberal.” That’s the imaginary voter they’ve been targeting and it’s mind numbing to watch.
This race has me the most heated tonight. If you're losing a seat to JD Vance then Ohio is gonna be Florida status going forward because you know DNC is gonna keep doing the same shyt :francis:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah but even with Trump the GOP never really posted a wave … not when he was at the top of the ticket even 2016/2020 :yeshrug:
The Democrats did though. I'm saying a particularly offensive party leader will have people running the other way. Midterms are the home of the opposition not the incumbent.